Murphy signs on loan - official

While it has been rumoured that Celtic officials contacted BHA to warn them they could lose their money I don't believe that for a second. I do however find it easy to believe that the BHA could have been contacted by high rank Celtic supporters and so called Irish Journelists. Personally I think we have bought him but it has been put through as a loan deal until it is paid in full. It is funny they changed things at the last minute, As if they had talked to somebody.

That was exactly my thinking Pete, either Scottish journos or they were bombarded by emails from sad obsessives and thought they had to safeguard themselves which threw our planning out. I am assuming we have paid them the first instalment which will be called a loan fee and this will come off the balance we will pay in June or July.

This adds a lot of pressure on to the boy and our club for him to be an instant success as if he takes time to settle (code for pish!) we are still going to have to pay for him when we already know it hasn't worked out.

if there was any Timmy interference in this, it is exactly this sort of thing we should be releasing through either C1872 or Rangers Observer, or just direct to a friendly journo (if one exists!) .

• Frankie changed the title to Murphy signs on loan - official

Whatever 3rd parties may or may not have done wrt communications within this transfer deal, the obvious and not surprising point is that we don't have a cashflow position that will allow for much frontloaded spending this month. 

It will be difficult to complete deals for transfer targets that other clubs with money (eg. English Championship) want the same player. 

However, it's good to see Jamie Murphy at Ibrox and we really need him to hit the preverbial ground running. Given his lack of gametime this season, he should be fresh and eager to do so. 

It's a good deal: We get to try him out, guaranteed to get him at the end of the season if it works out, and we don't have to fork out all the money now.

Most importantly, he improves the first-team; very few coming in have actually done that.