Celtic fan behind a new film about downfall of Rangers claims he received death threats

20 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I often wonder what type of individual is attracted to a club whose support openly hate the country they play in. 

And whose support seem to be above the law as we witness all too often when we play them. Why is this & who condones it ?

I neither trust nor like them. I suspect there are many like myself who think this way too.

You are again classing the whole support as hating Scotland which is just stupid. I have heard my B-in-L mention Ireland once because Celtic were playing there and he went to the game. He was a strong no vote in the referendum. He is now pensioned off but he was a strong active union representative almost all his working life. He probably voted labour his whole life but then so did I when I lived in Scotland.

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

I find being a 'bear' has no influence on what I eat, watch on TV or believe politically, I'm always curious when people conflate being a Rangers supporter with some other belief. 

Some of the songs and flags sung and flown at every Rangers match suggest there are many who feel otherwise.  Your 'bear' comment is a bit odd - why the inverted commas?  

I have no problem with wearing green, eating green vegetables, watching Father Ted or listening to Rory Gallagher, for the record.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Some of the songs and flags sung and flown at every Rangers match suggest there are many who feel otherwise.  Your 'bear' comment is a bit odd - why the inverted commas?  

I have no problem with wearing green, eating green vegetables, watching Father Ted or listening to Rory Gallagher, for the record.  

Grammatically speaking, JohnMc is quite right - he's not an actual bear, he's a frustrated allotment gardener who spends his spare time bellowing 'grow, you bastards!' at tomatoes, potatoes etc. Hence the inverted commas.

Anyway, you are quite right - the matchday experience not only suggests but proves that many Bears feel otherwise. The only thing I get mildly annoyed at is when their opinion is ascribed en masse to all of us.

Edited by Germinal

11 hours ago, pete said:

You are again classing the whole support as hating Scotland which is just stupid. I have heard my B-in-L mention Ireland once because Celtic were playing there and he went to the game. He was a strong no vote in the referendum. He is now pensioned off but he was a strong active union representative almost all his working life. He probably voted labour his whole life but then so did I when I lived in Scotland.

He's not say the whole support, but is referring to the support in general. There's obviously some who don't share that view.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

If I'm being entirely honest I do avoid wearing green whenever possible, which is 99% of the time. Father Ted is the most anti-Irish programme ever made, it was literally banned by RTE for years. 

Other than that Germinal currently speaks for me. 

4 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

If I'm being entirely honest I do avoid wearing green whenever possible, which is 99% of the time. Father Ted is the most anti-Irish programme ever made, it was literally banned by RTE for years. 

Other than that Germinal currently speaks for me. 

I don't wear emerald green or green with white.  

I was struggling to think of an Irish TV programme I've watched - Father Ted was the only one I could come up with (every Irish person I've met liked it, so I'm not sure it's viewed as anti-Irish over there), as Ballykissangel was for old ladies and Mrs Brown's Boys is clearly for anyone who has had a labotomy.  I did enjoy the BBC4 documentary about James Joyce the other night.  

But back to the thread topic, will Armageddon have a sequel?