Celtic fan behind a new film about downfall of Rangers claims he received death threats

33 minutes ago, pete said:

You don't have to. We all have choices. I made mine almost 40 years ago and apart from family and Rangers I have never regretted it. I still call Scotland home up until this day though. It always will be even although I doubt I would ever go back home to live.

Not everyone can just move away, some us have responsibilities that makes it impossible to do that, we dont all have the same choices!

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Not everyone can just move away, some us have responsibilities that makes it impossible to do that, we dont all have the same choices!

You have the same choices you just have reasons to influence your choice not to do it.

Anyone who currently resides in Scotland will know exactly why Ian1964 referred to it as a shithole.  Anti-Rangers/Unionist tentacles are everywhere in every walk of life.  The press and various institutions have been infested and Rangers supporters are treated like pariahs, without even having said anything. 

Having said that, many of us have families and homes here and have never had realistic options to leave.  It is a shithole but it's our shithole.  

37 years ago kids were 3 &1 years and with the wife's brother,sister and two uncles living in Canada We had the chance to go there.

As the wife's parents were still alive she did not want to go so we didn't and the proviso was made between us that should she change her mind it would have had to have been before the kids started school as I would not allow it after then.

Have visited Canada many times and we realise what might have been,but with two grown up boys and a couple of grandchildren we are contented with our lot.

So for us home is where the heart is but we will be going over again this year.:yay:

18 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Anyone who currently resides in Scotland will know exactly why Ian1964 referred to it as a shithole.  Anti-Rangers/Unionist tentacles are everywhere in every walk of life.  The press and various institutions have been infested and Rangers supporters are treated like pariahs, without even having said anything. 

Having said that, many of us have families and homes here and have never had realistic options to leave.  It is a shithole but it's our shithole.  

I reside in Scotland and I don't recognise much of what you've suggested.  I do agree there appears to be an anti Rangers agenda, but I actually think it's just poor, lazy journalists that issue false but entertaining stories to their readers, who enjoying reading their fantasies.  They'll continue to do that as long as it's what their customers want, and let's face it, they do want more of it.

Most of Scotland that I know is actually beautiful and interesting.  Of course there are bad areas, and in particular the west coast has a sectarian issue,  but it's not widespread at all.  Far from it.

I do accept though that we all have our opinions shaped through our experiences.  I've maybe just been fortunate.

There is much beauty in Scotland, which is undoubtedly interesting.  I'm not suggesting otherwise.  Most of it is historic or natural though and that's not what I was referring to.  

Edited by Gonzo79