Celtic fan behind a new film about downfall of Rangers claims he received death threats

OLD FIRM FILM ROW

Celtic fan behind a new film about downfall of Rangers claims he received death threats

Paul Larkin was slammed by Rangers AND Hoops fans after revealing Armageddon - a documentary about the Ibrox side's liquidation in 2012 and its impact on Celtic and Scottish football - was being premiered at Parkhead

By Laura Murray
10th January 2018, 6:10 pm
Updated: 10th January 2018, 6:21 pm

THE Celtic fan behind a new film about the downfall of Rangers claims he has received death threats.

Paul Larkin’s low-budget flick Armageddon is understood to document the Ibrox side’s liquidation in 2012 and its impact on Celtic and Scottish football since.

Official poster for Armageddon

Official poster for Armageddon

He came under fire from Rangers fans AND Hoops supporters last week after revealing the film will be premiered at Celtic Park in March.

Now Larkin has revealed he is “taking a break from social media” after receiving “yet more death threats”.

He tweeted: “I’ll debate with anyone. No problem. What I won’t put up with is threats to me and my family. It’s despicable, cowardly and from the sort of folk who couldn’t fight sleep in real life. Life is too short.”

Armageddon will be shown at Celtic Park’s Kerrydale Suite on March 2 with tickets costing £28.

The film is being shown at Celtic Park in March

Keith Campbell - The Sun Glasgow
The film is being shown at Celtic Park in March

But not all Hoops fans are happy at the screening.

One supporter tweeted Larkin directly to say: “The fact a film about Rangers is being shown in the Kerrydale is embarrassing.

“What goes through your head when promoting this thing? Why would you create a Rangers themed poster for the film with Celtic Park plastered on it?

“You are renting out the Kerrydale at Celtic Park and showing a film about Rangers and charging £28 for a ticket!

“Make films about Rangers all you want if that’s your thing but get it away from Celtic Park. Embarrassing.”

Larkin’s documentary charts the downfall of the Ibrox side and its affect of Scottish footie and Celtic fans

Larkin’s documentary charts the downfall of the Ibrox side and its affect of Scottish footie and Celtic fans

Larkin insists the film is NOT about the liquidation of Rangers

He said: “I did that film, remember? Secondly, this film is not entirely about Newco. As I’ve said on numerous occasions, the film is in three sections, Newco, Oppression and Invincible.

“It comes from a book that I finished, also called Armageddon.”

The movie is being supported by dozens of Larkin’s fans.

One supporter tweeted: “Keep the excellent work up Paul, Scottish Football has been fake and rules broken for decades, the zombies hate the truth and sadly a section of the #Celtic support are just as daft.”

Scottish Sun Online has contacted Larkin for comment.

Police Scotland said they have not received a complaint about death threats.

Celtic refused to comment.

The Police have not received a complaint but he runs to the Sun a known Celtic Fake news spreader. Smell the Bullshit.

and another thing, "  slammed by Rangers AND Hoops fans  " ??

I'd be very interested in any one mank post anywhere on the worldwide interrnet where this shite was "slammed" -  apart from those by the unclean complaining about the entry fee.

1 hour ago, boabie said:

and another thing, "  slammed by Rangers AND Hoops fans  " ??

I'd be very interested in any one mank post anywhere on the worldwide interrnet where this shite was "slammed" -  apart from those by the unclean complaining about the entry fee.

Some of their fans actually DID give him pelters for it on Twitter.  Those same fans were then rounded upon by fellow Tims.

26 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Could Didier Agathe not allow Paul Larkin to borrow his main battle tank? Apparently, it's perfect for travelling around west central Scotland whilst under threat from Rangers fans.

Can't help but think of a Viz type character in a weekly comic strip.

Terry Tank Commander (with sellick tap) battles against his imagination

Edited by buster.

2 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Could Didier Agathe not allow Paul Larkin to borrow his main battle tank? Apparently, it's perfect for travelling around west central Scotland whilst under threat from Rangers fans.

Apparently, Agathe donated the vehicle to the Museum of Transport, which has yet to put it on display, solely to avoid embarrassing Rangers. 

Of course, as it is mothballed, it is unlikely to be roadworthy.

More seriously, the only player, in my memory, for whom a Club had to employ minders, and who had to live outside of the city of his employment -in this case Edinburgh, while playing for Rangers- was Maurice Johnston. There was genuine concern about his welfare. 

I am told that, even to this day, SuperMo has to ca' canny if he visits the city of his birth.