Celtic fan behind a new film about downfall of Rangers claims he received death threats

To be honest though I would say 80+% of Celtic supporters are just the same as us  just supporting their team. It is unfair for us to think that we can be staunch but Celtic supporters can't be for their team. When I come back on holiday then I stay with my brother-in law who is a mad Celtic supporter as are all his family. He was even at their convention in LA this year. Yes we rib each other and when I put on my Rangers scarf to go to a game he always says "Hey get that oot ma hoose" I know if I got into a fight with Celtic supporters in a pub that he would be standing by my side. there really are a lot of good ( misled:D) guys around and a smaller number of idiots that our support also has.

I think if you come from there, the central belt can become somewhat confused with Scotland as a whole. For me there's so much more to this country than that. That said, there seems to be a definite tendency towards over-emotionalism in Scotland and a quite nasty bigotry that reaches out well beyond the central belt. If it's not the Irish republican infestation driving it, it's the ScotNats spitting bile and grievance. We just seem to love to hate.

Edited by Bill

9 minutes ago, pete said:

To be honest though I would say 80+% of Celtic supporters are just the same as us  just supporting their team. It is unfair for us to think that we can be staunch but Celtic supporters can't be for their team. When I come back on holiday then I stay with my brother-in law who is a mad Celtic supporter as are all his family. He was even at their convention in LA this year. Yes we rib each other and when I put on my Rangers scarf to go to a game he always says "Hey get that oot ma hoose" I know if I got into a fight with Celtic supporters in a pub that he would be standing by my side. there really are a lot of good ( misled:D) guys around and a smaller number of idiots that our support also has.

My brother in law too is of that persuasion and has also raised his and my sisters two kids of that persuasion but just like your brother in law he just follows the team. He's no terrorist supporting wacko and actually sent their two kids to the same non denominational school I and their mother had attended.

His reasoning for that is that he himself attended Catholic schools and is of the opinion that there is too much religion in Catholic schools with priests showing up on a regular basis. His view is that this is a school not a chapel and should be focusing on nothing but education.

And in addition to that he and my sister were married in a Protestant church not a chapel because he thought that was the easiest path to take since she didn't want to become a Catholic and to get married in a chapel she would have been forced to do so. She offered to go through the tedious indoctrination process and effectively pretend to become a Catholic to get married in a chapel but again he thought that was ludicrous. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

I'm afraid I'd have to disagree about their support Pete. Especially nowadays.

Since the days of Stein that mob have been drip fed poison until it has now reached the stage where I refuse to get involved in discussions with any of them about anything.

Experience recently has shown me they are incapable of engaging in reasonable chat about football without going off at tangents and bringing history into things. Naturally they don't want to talk about their own clubs history.

I post the above having had a senior sellik supporters rep as an uncle back in the mid 60's and my late mothers side of the family, hundreds of them, all regularly wearing green and grey. My sister unfortunately married one of the more twisted bastards who is very popular among the online deluded.

Our support has some idiots. There's something in the pies at the Paedodome that does something to every saddo who goes there for home games. That includes their players and everybody connected to that club. 

I'd agree a lot of them are like that boabie but there are some who are decent enough and up for a laugh about things.  

I often sit at a table with three Tims at work - only the one from Ireland completely avoids the subject with me.  It's no holds barred with the two Scottish lads and we all have a laugh about it afterwards.

I often wonder what type of individual is attracted to a club whose support openly hate the country they play in. 

And whose support seem to be above the law as we witness all too often when we play them. Why is this & who condones it ?

I neither trust nor like them. I suspect there are many like myself who think this way too.

Our absence and their subsequent financial dominance from CL money instilled in them a sense of entitlement we're always accused of having. It was more than evident in the screams on their forums during and after our last match with them at the piggery.

Particularly so after halftime when we were pinning them back for extended periods there was abject misery.  How can this be happening?  Not only are they dominating us they should probably be winning. And all that with a team of league 1 rejects and an under 20's coach outwitting the wizard Rogers?  How can this happen?

There was no acknowledgement of simply being outplayed and the most conservative prediction of the scoreline beforehand was 3-0 to them with 5-0 a common prediction.

The excuses ranged from the team were tired as if professional athletes should be 'tired' and at the same time playing very badly.  Then the fear began to become evident as they moved on to deciding they needed some fevered January window activity to put this right. Our current activity and their lack of it will be causing even more palpitations.

They were also beginning to turn on Rogers.  Throw in another couple of contrary results in the coming weeks along with a resurgent Rangers and Rogers will quickly discover the real them.

21 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I often wonder what type of individual is attracted to a club whose support openly hate the country they play in. 

And whose support seem to be above the law as we witness all too often when we play them. Why is this & who condones it ?

I neither trust nor like them. I suspect there are many like myself who think this way too.

I've been saying for ages we should've sung "P&O Ferries, just a phonecall away", instead of "The famine is over, why don't you go home?".  

Unfortunately, no one joined in. 

Edited by Gonzo79