Club 1872 - Safe Standing

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I find it strange that C1872 have decided to get involved in this without checking with the members that they should do it. It seems that the members are only consulted when it suits the board. they should be doing this prior to getting involved.

Am I correct in saying it's not a survey as such and we can't vote yes or no, and it's only a data collection exercise?

Agreed BD. It's not a survey, it's just for those who want it, but strangely called a survey. No doubt just a typo but amateur hour again in rushing to get something out without checking it first. It's not even a story on Club1872 website, just a mention in the rolling Twitter feed section, which makes you wonder how involved C1872 actually are in this as it seems to be coming mainly  from UB.

I have been in the Dortmund standing area and I can assure you it does bring a lot of atmosphere into the stadium there. It is not for me as I am small and have to jump about to see the game but I think we should have it for the people who want to stand and sing. I am sure that there will be far more than the Union Bears take up the offer. I think it will be easily filled.

45 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

The sooner we have this the better. Safe standing is one of the best things to happen to modern football. 

Totally agree here GS. I also agree with Pete comments too. It should also be noted that anyone who is standing at the moment is effectively breaking health and safety (I have explained this before). It’s not safe with all the seats in the area.

Safe Standing provides an environment rich in atmosphere. Also without the risks associated with rigid plastic seating whilst people stand and bounce. I know there are other priorities too (FS and his proposals top of the list imo) but this seems fine to me.

I won’t be standing there (done my bit years ago) but for those that do, good luck to them.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Agreed BD. It's not a survey, it's just for those who want it, but strangely called a survey. No doubt just a typo but amateur hour again in rushing to get something out without checking it first. It's not even a story on Club1872 website, just a mention in the rolling Twitter feed section, which makes you wonder how involved C1872 actually are in this as it seems to be coming mainly  from UB.

It’s on Club1872 website under news.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I find it strange that C1872 have decided to get involved in this without checking with the members that they should do it. It seems that the members are only consulted when it suits the board. they should be doing this prior to getting involved.

Am I correct in saying it's not a survey as such and we can't vote yes or no, and it's only a data collection exercise?

The survey only asks that those in favour of moving to such a section give their details. Other members get no say, even although it’s our money that may be used for this idea. Read elsewhere that the UB have only 50 members, why is Club1872 even talking about this? How many disabled fans do we have ?

Weve had a surprising number of sell out games over the last few years. This should pay for its self on that basis as well btw. 

We should convert the east enclosure with a view to doing the west as well if it goes well. 

Edited by the gunslinger

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Weve had a surprising number of sell out games over the last few years. This should pay for its self on that basis as well btw. 

We should convert the east enclosure with a view to doing the west as well if it goes well. 

How will it pay for itself? It won't increase capacity and we aren't going to charge more for standing.