Rangers 2 (Morelos, Tavernier) v Aberdeen 0

Just now, the gunslinger said:

They go on long winning runs often under mcinnis. 

But does that mean they're good or simply that they grind out results against the poor opposition this league contains? To my mind McInnes is as good a manager as they can hope to get but their following want him sacked because he can't beat better teams.

If that were rational the yahoos should be screaming for the sacking of Rogers because he can't beat PSG etc.

Really enjoyed that.  It wasn't just a win tonight, it was a lesson.  We were able to control the game and showed that we can shut up shop to some degree and then change our system during different phases of the game.

Having now hammered them 3 times this season, we really now must push on and create a big gap.  I just have a feeling we can achieve that with our new players.  Goss, Martin and Murphy all look like they're born to play for us.  I know there's no chance of us keeping Goss but I just hope he enjoys his time here because you never know what might happen a year or two further down the line.  He looks absolute class.

Windass is still blowing hot and cold.  If he could maintain a level of performance for even 60 minutes he'd be amazing for us, but he seems to fall out of the game for too many periods.  Maybe it's concentration, but whatever it is I hope he can be trained to deal with it.  However, when he's on his game, he's so dangerous in that position.

Tav, Holt, Fod are becoming standout players for us now and it'll be difficult to hold onto them if they continue to perform like that.  It's inevitable that they'll get more attention now.

Things are really positive for us at the moment.  I just hope we can keep this momentum for the rest of the season.  You just never know what might happen if we do.

Just now, the gunslinger said:

I just wouldnt bet on pulling away.  

To be honest I wouldn't bet on it either I simply feel that all things being equal we now should.  And now that this one is out of the way my next worry is Ross County.  Are we still going to struggle to break down a 10 man wall?

The defensive display tonight was encouraging though and hopefully it's a sign we wont be throwing away too many silly goals to these SPL wall builders.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hull City manager was at the game.  Assume he was checking a player out?

Did they not recently bid for McKenna?

As for Ross County I think we should go with Cummings and Morelos up top to try and break down their defence.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Glad we won but what the hell was going on those last 10minutes ?

They had 3 or4 good chances to score. If they'd got 1 who knows what could gave happened

But by that point we were up 2-0. You have to look at it in context.

You could say we should have been 3 or 4 up by half time.

Beat the 3 times in 2 months and level on points shows we need to start seeing of the teams lower down the league. Kilmarnock, Dundee Hamilton results are still a bit of a sting else we would be a confortable second.