Pacific Quay Musings?

4 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

It's worse than we think.

There was a questionnaire sent to all 129 MSPs in Autumn'16; it was a standard favourite band, book, holiday destination, football team, .................. etc type of thing. I think it was November that the results were released, only one MSP, Murdo Fraser admitted to supporting Rangers. Surprisingly, 13 MSPs claimed to support Partick Thistle. Of course, over forty preferred the green'ngrey hooped horrors. 

I blame Murray for his failure to cultivate a raft of cross party support. There is nothing that moves civil servants/local government/public funded bodies/quangos etc quicker that an envelope embossed with the portcullis arriving atop their in-tray. There is a genuine grievance here, BBC Scotland do it because they can. It is NOT acceptable.

This doesn't surprise me, and in fact it reassures me.  Most Rangers fans I know are capable of getting real jobs.  ?

14 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

All the best with that.

Murdo Fraser, Jackson Carlaw, Brian Donaghue, Ian Davidson (if he's still in parliament) - not exactly an inspiring list. And by that, I mean politicians who command respect across the political spectrum.

As you know only too well 26th, no one from the SNP will speak up on our behalf. 

Fraser, I believe,  has form for such snidery.

Did he ever write for The Herald, the exemplar of all matters snide - written and edited by snides, for snides?

Of course, he fails to mention that the T/oP and the Court combine to force King to make an offer for shares at a significant percentage below par, and thus the offer, with all its concomitant expense, is a racing certainty to be a failure. 

Neither does he suggest to his readers that King and Cos acquisition of shares, and subsequent forcing of Messrs Sodaheid, Chicane, Twist-Shout, and Shuffle, off the Board, and/or out of the picture, may well have been a Good Thing. 

Naturally, he says nothing about King, etc's efforts to rid Rangers of the influence of the evil Gessler.

Frankly, the present imbroglio, which is beyond satire,  is little more than the elevation of asinine legal pedantry above the application of common sense, although this never figures in any media 'analysis' of the situation. Naturally such evaluation, as is made public, consists of nothing more than "Rangers = bad". 

Fraser I understand to be a supporter of the Leith midi-fhilth, which perhaps explains some part of his nonsense. 

Fraser might bring up a couple of points absent from the DK take,... that are fair enough for an 'independent journalist' on the public broadcaster but he goes way beyond that and writes a piece with a take, tone and language that might as well be a Celtic bloggers rant.

It kind of sums up where BBC Scotland are camped.

Edited by buster.

It's a mystery?

Jum Spence has a column in the Dundee Courier; remember, he told us last season that Dundee was now a three club city? Of course, United and Dundee fc are local favourites, but such is the attractiveness of Brenda's brand of football that Dundonians are pledging their allegiances to ra green'n'grey in increasing numbers. Such is the lure, that Jum finished last season live reporting for BBC Scotland from Station Park, Glebe Park, Links Park, and Gayfield. This season, his live responsibility appears confined to the Perth saints. In another thread, I have alluded to Jum's reluctance to be reporting live from Tannadice. Instead, Big Dick and Wullie Miller hosted, 'Open all Mikes' from United's home midden.

Now, Jum was employed at Tannadice for several months. He was hired as Stephen Thompson's Consultant. Thus, in part he is responsible for the sewerage lapping around the nostrils of his fellow Arabs. Yesterday at Links Park he offered a devastating minute on matters Tangerine - there is no new investment, all monies paid for Thompson's shares went to Thompson, Tannadice is held on a credit note, and the training ground is held on two credit notes. We know Jum was banned from Dens Park on two separate occasions and BBC Scotland sent other reporters to report live. Could the same be happening at Tannadice, Jum's been told to fcuk off, and his principled colleagues are filling in, again?

Like Sell Out Saturday, Jum's current predicament is a mystery! Surely, Chris McLaughlin will be offering Jum some solidarity?

Angela Haggerty was introduced on Shereen Nanjiani's ninety minute current affairs show as, 'a Sunday Herald columnist'. There was no mention of her being sacked as the blat's News Editor. There is a recurring theme on Angela's several appearances on this particular gig, she promotes her next day's column. Yesterday, Sir Cliff Richard's victory in the High Court dominated discussion. Angela was unhappy with the verdict and offered no sympathy for enduring an invasion of privacy. No, Angela was angry with the Bachelor Boy, he has means of accessing media to get his side of the story out there. Angela battered the Beeb on Saville, pointed out Rolf Harris and Stuart Hall only faced justice on being named. 

Today, Haggerty's column confirms she is paid twice for stating the same thing in different mediums, "Congratulations Sir Cliff, you've just done sex offenders a big favour". In both mediums, Angela did not mention Jim Torbet, Frank Cairney, John McCulloch, ..... etc. I would argue that the self styled Captain Haggerty and BBC Scotland do their favoured football club a big favour by penning reports on trials of those charged and previously convicted(thus, can be legitimately named) and indulge in euphemisms such as, 'Barrowfield training ground' and, 'East End football club'. Indeed, it's a mystery.  

i am told, and I cannot swear to the veracity of the story, that an eastern organisation ( not the Star, that much I may aver) has obtained interdicts to cover reporting of various trials of various accused on various charges related to various sexual abuses of minors. 

As for Jum, well he had a difficult upbringing.........

2 hours ago, colinstein said:

I think Spence is no longer directly employed by the BBC and works freelance. If he has indeed been bumped from Tannadice, BBC will use his employment status as an excuse not to boycott the ground

Today, Jum Spence reported live from Dens Park. Further, he performed the half time draw for Dundee.

2 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Today, Jum Spence reported live from Dens Park. Further, he performed the half time draw for Dundee.

yes I listened to it........shows how desperate I am .......even the world cup seems ages ago.......I think they hire him freelance......I remember a while ago them saying he had left the BBC....

ps pars beating Dundee at Dens........heavy number for Mcan

Edited by colinstein