Pacific Quay Musings?

Travelling home last evening, turned on the radio to find the Yahoos winning 0-1 at half time. Aberdeen fan, Liam McLeod was commentating, Pat Bonner providing the colour. The studio had Big Dick as the anchor and Scott McDonald cheering. It's the division of the economic pie, if you support ra Sellik or Aberdeen, you are guaranteed a slice of the pie. The sheep attend ra Stydome and entertain ra Yahoos by singing, 'we hate Rangers more than you', oh how the green'n'grey hooped horrors patronise them for the cabaret. Of course, Big Dick loves to flash those particular credentials, ah mean he's the guy who began his half hour auto-biog' some 15 years back with, "I was raised to absolutely hate Rangers".

Last night, Big Dick raised Harry Wilson signing a long term contract at Liverpool, "that's a blow for Rangers, ah mean, um, Steven Gerrard was intent on securing him". Scott rattled on about Wilson's loan period at Hull and agreed Steven Gerrard has missed out. I thought it was Brenda and ra Sellik that had set their hearts on the player, the weekend press was full of it, their treatment of Chelsea's Musonda has created a rift and bad feeling. However, at PQ, it's Rangers, or indeed, Gerrard personally that remains bereft. I wonder if the economic pie has enough slices to cater for some Rangers supporters at Auntie Beeb this coming Thursday evening? Who will be sitting at that studio table, whilst the usual recipients are all at Easter Road?

I waited, but Big Dick did not mention Shay logan's further claims of racism, or Brenda's insistence that he brought it on himself. Big Dick does not want to bite the hand that feeds, Abergreen might want Ryan Christie back on loan for a third season.  

15 hours ago, barca72 said:

It would appear that the OO is ready to stand witness to the alleged incident ...

https://orangeorderscotland.com/2018/07/09/updated-statement-from-the-grand-orange-lodge-of-scotland-regarding-st-alphonsus-church/

Statement by Jim McHarg, Grand Master of the Grand Orange Lodge of Scotland,

“I, like so many others, was appalled to hear the reports of the incident that happened outside St Alphonsus Church in Glasgow on Saturday.  Verbal abuse is in itself unacceptable, but allegations of spitting is vile and disgusting, and we hope those involved are brought to justice.  Whilst I am assured that no members of the parade were involved in any of the incidents, we understand that it was carried out by a small group of young men who turned up to watch the parade go past.

“The Orange Order is founded on the principal of religious liberty for all.  This includes the right of other faiths to celebrate their own heritage and history, just as we celebrate ours.  Unfortunately, there are a small number of people in society who seem unwilling to accept this tolerant approach.  Indeed, many of them allude to beliefs and sing songs about a time in the past which they probably know very little about or fail to understand completely.  I have only one message for them, you are not welcome at any of our parades!

“I have today asked our Executive Officer to call Canon White to express our sadness at what he had to endure.  We have also written to the Archdiocese.  We have contacted the Police to offer our full support in their investigations.  A number of members of the parade witnessed the incident on Saturday, and senior members intervened at the time to stand up for Canon White.  Those members will be key witnesses for the Police and stand ready to assist.

“Whilst it may be said that the Orange Order has different opinions to the Roman Catholic Church, I have no hesitation in stating that today we stand with Canon White in saying that this sort of behaviour has no place in society.”

Of course it still remains to be seen just  where the allegencies of the alleged nerds belong to.

I detest religious organisations but that's an admirable statement from the Orange Order.

Orwellian times continue at PQ, more Newspeak!

BBC Scotland's report on yesterday's car crash in Lanarkshire :

Two Celtic players are believed to have been involved in a car crash in North Lanarkshire. Pictures on social media appear to show Parkhead squad members Olivier Ntcham and Odsonne Edouard standing near the cars. Moussa Dembele was also pictured arriving at the scene. Police said a 22-year-old man would be the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal for a traffic offence in connection with the incident.

Over in the Record, the newspaper that has a commercial arrangement with ra Sellik, Jane Hamilton's safe pair of hands are on the story. Of course, Jane had Rangers supporters throwing their children in front of racing police vans in the immediate aftermath of the 2016 Scottish Cup final. Jane's social media accounts were also littered with 'H' terms. Jane is also vague on who has been the subject of the police report.

Well done the Evening Times, they tell us Olivier Ntcham is the subject of the report to the PF. Well, until Angela Haggerty and Stacey Mullen decide to revise the story.

53 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Orwellian times continue at PQ, more Newspeak!

BBC Scotland's report on yesterday's car crash in Lanarkshire :

Two Celtic players are believed to have been involved in a car crash in North Lanarkshire. Pictures on social media appear to show Parkhead squad members Olivier Ntcham and Odsonne Edouard standing near the cars. Moussa Dembele was also pictured arriving at the scene. Police said a 22-year-old man would be the subject of a report to the procurator fiscal for a traffic offence in connection with the incident.

Over in the Record, the newspaper that has a commercial arrangement with ra Sellik, Jane Hamilton's safe pair of hands are on the story. Of course, Jane had Rangers supporters throwing their children in front of racing police vans in the immediate aftermath of the 2016 Scottish Cup final. Jane's social media accounts were also littered with 'H' terms. Jane is also vague on who has been the subject of the police report.

Well done the Evening Times, they tell us Olivier Ntcham is the subject of the report to the PF. Well, until Angela Haggerty and Stacey Mullen decide to revise the story.

When i heard this on Clyde news this morning and going by how it was reported it was a cert that one of the players was at the centre of the police report.