Pacific Quay Musings?

7 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I am NOT a member of the Orange Order. No members of my family are members of the Orange Order. None of my close friends are members of the Orange Order. 

I woke this morning and headed for my daily constitutional, several miles later I returned, showered, and turned on the TV for the news. Canon Tom White was being interviewed in the atrium at Pacific Quay. He claimed, and I believe him, that he was spat on twice, labelled, "f-e-nian scum" and, "a paedo", and threatened with a banner pole. He was standing outside his church(St Alophonses) on London Road in the Barras area of Glasgow, chatting to parishioners as an Orange parade passed. BBC Scotland followed with footage, presumably shot yesterday(Sunday) of Canon Tom inside his church, looking suitably pious.

The Orange Order have issued a statement saying that none of their members were involved in the incident and offered full condemnation of said incident. The implication being that parade followers were to blame. Sincerely, I hope the perpetrators are arrested, charged, and convicted. I believe those marching were celebrating a glorious revolution that demanded religious freedom for all?  BBC Scotland then offered a raft of opinion from the First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, the Justice Minister, Humza Yousaf, and a senior police officer assuring the TV audience of no tolerance of such behavior.

The word 'bigot' is once again common currency, BBC Scotland reinforced the message throughout the day, banning bigots and bigotry is de rigueur. I suspect the erudite Canon White knows the derivation of the word, 'bigot'? During the Reformation, protestants were regularly burnt at the stake, as the flames licked, they confirmed no need for a conduit to speak to God by saying, 'by God'. As Prelates were encouraged to mock and laugh, those roasting were referred to as, 'byGods' or simply, 'bigots'.

Of course, bigots come in all shapes and sizes. Remember the Green Brigade hanging effigies from the roof of the north stand at Celtic Park? Strange fruit twisting in the breeze for over an hour, one replete in a Rangers scarf, the other attired with an orange collarette. Both the First Minister and the then Justice Minister, Michael Matheson said nothing and the Match Commander congratulated those in attendance for their impeccable behaviour. However, three Yahoos were arrested and charged, two years on and all charges have been dropped and Celtic have returned their season tickets. Demonisation and dehumanisation at a cost of small incovenience. and the only record is our memory.

This is where it gets a bit inconvenient for Canon Tom, his church is thirty yards from the the then HQ of the Green Brigade, the pub called, 'the Foggy Dew'. Today's HQ for those brave balaclava clad Bhoys is even nearer, it's ten yards past the rear of the church on Stevenson Street. The Presbytery is almost above the Squirrel Bar. I am sure Canon Tom hears bigotry every other Saturday night, a number of said organisations membership celebrates evening mass in his church. I am sure Tom has voiced concern but BBC Scotland have failed to report the fact?

Clearly, Beeb Scotland do not want to crank the volume on Tom's church being so tightly sandwiched between the former and present gang huts of the Green Brigade, and it would appear they are not interested in reporting the behaviour of long term contributor to numerous programmes across their output. Graham Spiers whilst on Celtic's pre-season tour of Austria posted a photo' of a young chap in orange regalia entitled, 'the Marching Season'. It went on - peace, harmony, togetherness, no pent up aggression, healthy eating, it's a lovely time really. The chap in the photo passed away late last year. Spiers utilised the lad's image as a sniggerfest for his Yahoo chums and allowed the posting to remain on his Twitter feed for in excess of three hours. The image had been downloaded from ill Phil's blog and it resides currently on Pie and Bovril. The postings are vile and continue. Cosgrove regularly presents P and B's owner, Div McDonald as the true voice of Scottish football, he will not be confronted with this truth because DrStu' believes, "the H-u-ns and orange wa-nkers" deserve all they receive.

BBC Scotland parade their preferred prejudice everyday and their swagger is increasingly ridiculous.  

Thanks 26th. I seen the interview a little later in the morning. It stank of more anti Protestant propaganda.

Daily Record headline this morning.........

Council to hold talks over future of Orange Walk marches in Glasgow amid fury over sectarian attack on priest

------------------

Political opportunism or a set-up ?

Somehow this looks as if the pendulum, which normally swings in both ways, is being transformed into a religious executioner's axe solely falling upon the heads of the religious majority because of perceived assaults/attacks by the "major minority". Wonder how they managed to have the propaganda fully on their side.

16 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Are the police actually investigating this incident involving Canon White? Has he made a formal complaint yet ?

That is the things that’s important - the police need to confirm that this ‘attack’ actually took place.

If they can’t establish that it did, then the press / government should be ashamed that they are talking about a crime which may not have happened. You should ensure an event actually happened before you condemn in at such high levels eh? (Unless the condemnation is more important than the fact the event happened).

Moreso, if the police investigate and establish that the crime never took place, then the OO should go on the offensive and start legal proceedings against the priest and all the talking heads who have discussed this ‘crime’ that never happened as truth without any basis of knowing if it happened.

I've never heard about a CoS Minister claim to have been spat on during a James Connolly march.

The yahoo infested press hate the OO.  So the situation at hand will have to be dealt with and whataboutery won't help.