Pacific Quay Musings?

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Unlike Cosgrove to welsh on his principles......

He should follow the example of Irish English who, though he scotches managerial rumours, never welshes. 

I have taken a leaf out of DrStu's book, I have a principle. I refuse to hand over a penny to any of the clubs who allowed their supporters to vote us down. Yesterday, I was a beneficiary twice over, I was not in attendance at the homage to breezeblock, and thus missed an afternoon of absolute misery. I did not even see the unfolding misery live on the box, a family do intervened. I managed to nip out to the car at half time and with hope in my heart, I switched on the radio. An enthused and garrulous Liam McLeod was in a state of audio tumescence, proclaiming three zip to ra Hoops. He handed over to fellow Dandy, Big Dick who collated all his considerable AmDram experience in expressing, "WOW, just outstanding"!

After both Paddy and Tom had eulogised and lionised their green'n'grey hooped heroes, Big Dick employed his most sonorous tone, "and Rangers"? Tom cleared his throat for delivery of a well rehearsed line, "I wonder what Stevie Gerrard is thinking now, if he looks up his Dictionary for the word the meaning of the word, gamble; he'll see the Rangers crest and his own photograph". Paddy tittered, but Big Dick laughed like the proverbial drain(well rehearsed too, I suspect).  I switched off, and went back to the comfort of family tales. It was only three minutes, but I think I caught the gist? 

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

That is all Greek to me.

Does he ever go Dutch? 

DrStu' doesn't go Dutch. Under his nomme de guerre, 'Soulful Saint' he decreed a chap called William from the Netherlands as, "a h-u-n and orange wan-ker".

As an aside, I am watching BBC lunchtime news. There's a report on a caravan of both central and south Americans arriving at the Mexico/USA border. It's quite a long report being presented by the BBC's North American correspondent, James Cook. It is infuriating that Dundee United supporter, James Cook was the recipient of such a promotion from BBC Scotland. Remember, he admitted and apologised for deliberately editing an interview he conducted with then Rangers manager, Ally McCoist. On questions put to McCoist on sectarianism, he edited the film to show McCoist laughing and appearing flippant on the subject. It makes you wonder if sticking it on our club and support is a PQ rite of passage? 

A disciplinary promotion, 26th.

I imagine it was awarded on the basis that, although he had overturned all journalistic principle, and set objectivity on his head, he meant well; that, and the fact that it was only Rangers, Orange bastards.......

Perhaps he might produce similar satire on a Cartel jefe, or on some Guatemalan people smugglers.  What?......You think not?

A moment of light relief provided by John Beattie during the lunchtime news on BBC Radio Scotland.

The shill for Celtic football club, Chris McLaughlin both sympathised and empathised with Graeme Murty, whilst sneering at all things Rangers. It went on forever, at least a minute. The Sports Anchor, Phil Goodlad intervened with, "we've been here before Chris"? The Shill replied, "it's Rangers, it's messy". Phil continues, "we've had this conversation a hundred times"; Chis confidently states, "Rangers are used to messy".

John Beattie shouts, "what a signing"? The Shill murmurs, "what"? Beattie offers the punchline, "Rangers sign Messi, what a signing". 

Silence ensues because the Shill is confused. 

G’aun yersel’, big Beattie. I didn’t know you had it in you.

26th, what do you do for your holidays? Spend a fortnight on R4?

I doff my bonnet to you. How you can listen to all that RKailyaird rubbish daily? I suspect a previous employer taught you the technique of resistance to brain washing.