Pacific Quay Musings?

Did the first competitive game for SG in front of 50,000 fans get a mention on BBC website? Doesn’t appear to have done so or they have sneakily installed an anti-Rangers software filter on my phone.  

Celtic beating some Asian team came up as the 4th story 2 days ago. Now I honestly don't care but with one slight caveat. I am paying for their wages and their broadcasting infrastructure as a public broadcaster so I should not be seeing very clear bias towards one Football Club and a deliberate marginalisation of another equally important club.

So for BBC people who I am sure look

into these forums I would like to remind you that you are engaged in a public service not some personal broadcasting fifdom. 

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think Rangers fans should cancel our licence fees en masse and write a collective letter telling them why.

I don't want to fund that gaggle of charlatans.

Not a bad idea and it would gain publicity and attention.

3 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Not a bad idea and it would gain publicity and attention.

I've seen a few Bears saying they don't pay it but it would have a far bigger impact if we did it collectively.  I'm fairly certain if the correct means were used, we could get a couple of thousand ...maybe more.  

I'm not on Twitter or Facebook though, so not sure how useful I would be in spreading the word.

English commentators commentating on England's participation in the world cup annoying you? DrStu' has the solution, "there's a good fish restaurant in the Calton, A'Challtain that turns the volume down on their screen, allows you to watch the game, whilst jazz funk is played over the PA". John Beattie suggests DrStu' should forget about English commentators, "ah cannae, we shouldn't forget about them", mumbles the denizen of Dennistoun. In his advancing years, DrStu' appears riven by forgetfulness, A'Challitain is ten yards from the Squirrel Bar, HQ of the Green Brigade. You can enjoy monkfish wrapped in pancetta with an effigy wrapped in a Rangers scarf hanging on the side.

I wonder if Cannon Tom White at St Alophonsus(ten yards the other side of the Squirrel Bar) and the balaclava wearing hordes get down on the one, stone grooving on the jazz funk? Do DrStu', Cannon Tom, and the Green Brigade march to the same tune? We should be told.

Yesterday, DrStu' was boastful of his constant support for Croatia, small nation fighting for it's independence; over throwing their Serbian oppressors. Of course, Croatia was independent during the war, both the Nazis and Mussolini granted their freedom to purify their country. The Ustase loved their work, cheered on by the Croatian rc church. After the war, the most efficient Nazi escape lines to South America were administered by the Ustase and their cheerleaders. We shouldn't forget about that amid the flag waving nationalism.

Connie McLaughlin returned to PQ airwaves yesterday, another shill for Celtic FC; she was anxious to flash her 'inner buzz' credentials, and her introduction included, "well, it's not exactly a full house here today at Celtic Park". I guess we will have to wait for the attendance figures for yesterday's friendly against Standard Liege to emerge?

Another PQ stalwart re-appeared to help co-present Dr Stu's show, Annie McGuire interspersed her obsession with her six year old daughter with a few digs at Rangers. No longer is Annie riling against the Reformation or proclaiming, "Celtic are a lovely club, full of ethics"; she has joined DrStu' as a practitioner of careful hate. The guests were Lana Clelland, a forward for Fiorentina Ladies and Darren McGarvey(author of Poverty Safari). Lana is a Rangers supporter, attended Thursday night's game and proclaimed herself disappointed. Annie chortled as she offered, "but you'd say you were making Progres". Lana handled herself well, deserves far more exposure.

I recommend  McGarvey's tome, it's a good interesting read. It's not the successor to Rowntree's sponsored surveys of poverty in York in the late 19th/early 20th centuries that some have promoted, but is a worthy winner of the Orwell Prize. Darren sounds fragile, he is a recovering from a number of addictions. I suspect his appearance was to raise his profile, hie summed up his football involvement in a line where he admitted to attending Sellik Park with his granny, then telling all his school mates were Rangers supporters. He liked the pies at ra Stydome and feels sorry for the service industries around Ibrox, the economic impact of smaller crowds? Credit to DrStu' and Lana for pointing out Rangers crowds have not diminished. 

The Orwell Prize is prodigious, a number of prizes are awarded for making political writing an art form, just like George's tomes. Darren was honest in not being really aware of it, but enjoyed the experience. Of course, another winner of the Orwell Prize was the Rangers Tax Case Blog. DrStu's constant refrain is transparency, he wants transparency in political life and in football life. As Rangers supporters we still don't know whose mantle piece hosts the trophy? DrStu' or his nomme de guerre, 'Sarah Leyden'(his Donegal born maternal gran) was a regular contributor to the RTC Blog, as were a number of well known Scots journos. However, DrStu' has stated on a number of occasions on Auntie Beeb that the RTC Blog is old news and we should all forget about it. Hhhhmm, transparency?

We should not forget about it, why should we be left hanging like those effigies above the north stand. Is that DrStu's postioning of the Rangers support, strange fruit twisting in the breeze? Again, we should be told. 

7 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Yesterday, DrStu' was boastful of his constant support for Croatia, small nation fighting for it's independence; over throwing their Serbian oppressors. Of course, Croatia was independent during the war, both the Nazis and Mussolini granted their freedom to purify their country. The Ustase loved their work, cheered on by the Croatian rc church. After the war, the most efficient Nazi escape lines to South America were administered by the Ustase and their cheerleaders. We shouldn't forget about that amid the flag waving nationalism.

No surprises there.  The Nazis had to tell the Ustase to calm down, that's how vicious they were.  

Tito was a Croat, which is also largely ignored by those who paint Croats as the oppressed.

Coverage of today's game is provided by BBC Radio Scotland, beginning at 16.30hrs.

As yet, I do not know who the commentator, colour commentator, or the show's anchor are?

Not that it matters, the usual initial necessary talk about raising the co-efficient will be followed by tepid talk about all things Rangers. If Rangers go out, we will be blamed for lowering the co-efficient. If we win, then attention will turn to songs/behaviour of the Rangers support. 

On 13/07/2018 at 18:50, Gonzo79 said:

I think Rangers fans should cancel our licence fees en masse and write a collective letter telling them why.

I don't want to fund that gaggle of charlatans.

If you wish to cancel your licence fee they will require a written statement from a solicitor to confirm that you have no TV or anything that requires a licence,  might just be cheaper to buy the licence .