Pacific Quay Musings?

1 minute ago, forlanssister said:

I note Sportstscene caveated the Morelos coin incident with a claim that the St Mirren keeper Craig Samson was hit with a coin.

On the basis of anecdotal evidence ie Steven Thomson speaking to St Mirren Keeper, Craig Samson post match. 

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

I note Sportstscene caveated the Morelos coin incident with a claim that the St Mirren keeper Craig Samson was hit with a coin.

I was wondering if they were going to claim that the coins thrown by St.Mirren fans had been collected and used to buy fish suppers for some needy old folks in downtown Paisley.

Well observed, 26th.

Mention of Kilmarnock and Dolly caused a peculiar memory to erupt to the front of my brain. I think that at one time long ago, many decades, Kilmarnock had a sheep for a mascot. Anyone with great grannies in Ayrshire to confirm?

When Rugby Park was in grass the surface was lauded as the best in Scottish football. The sheep’s legacy perhaps.

The ovine may have been good at manuring and trimming but mascot-wise his ghost wasn’t up to much on Sunday.

Gordon’s league position calculation method raises an interesting proposition. Who would have been top if Hearts and celtic had lost more games and Rangers had lost fewer?

Off the Ball (evening edition)

A  small detail for the record........

podcast

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0000zpg

23mins 45secs

Despite the call of 'No whataboutery or jusitification allowed', Cosgrove, in a roundabout and indirect way, puts forward a justification for a coin to be thrown at Morelos when sliding in to celebrate.

At some point during the programme he also made a point to cast doubt if the coin had actually hit Morelos.

----------------

Sportsound on Monday

Surprise, surprise....... the Morelos rescinded red at Aberdeen featured once again :facepalm:

Reference the fourteen BBC Scotland Staffers that tweeted support for Neil Lennon's claim he was the victim of both sectarianism and anti-Irish racism. The last name is BBC Scotland's Political Correspondent, Nick Eardley. He is the diminutive, thin faced guy that has been on our screens these last eighteen months. I know nothing about him ie where he's from, football allegiances, utterances on our club/support, ................... etc?

I am NOT inviting political discussion when I say I have read on a number of occasions that Nick is the First Minister's favourite Journo, she is fond of hugging him for selfies.

Does any Gersnetter know anything about Nick Eardley? 

Never listen to it but the other night I was listening to Andy Walker on talksport with wee Strachan telling us all how grèat a person the Hibs manager was it was sickening to listen to as they seem to be scared to criticise him , but not a mention about Saturdays coin throwing at Paisley.