Pacific Quay Musings?

I think a lot of Bears still like to keep up with matches via the radio (particularly whilst driving or at work).  So it's understandable that they're miffed about the lack of coverage Rangers get.  Particularly when Rangers fans pay the same licence fee as everyone else. 

It doesn't bother me because I never listen to the radio but we have to take into account Rangers fans using various media platforms and all having their own circumstances to contend with.  

I don't see Rangers FC or Pacific Quay CSC resolving this issue.  Only two things will resolve it - a licence fee boycott (threat or action) from a sizeable number of us or BBC HQ in England stepping in and sorting it out.  I can't see either of these things happening. 

Edited by Gonzo79

The coverage the other night was disgraceful and doesn't fulfil their commercial requirements.

I've been incredibly busy at work recently but I'm hoping to have  bit more time to look into the above towards the end of the year.  

I don't think there's any silver bullet but the BBC continue to lie about the extent of this and it's unfair to every Rangers fan out there.

This is the kind of thing club 1872 should be getting involved in.

As for why some feel dependent on the BBC. Some can only have a radio at work. Many older people are not computer savy enough to get streams. Not everyone can afford 17.50(?) a month plus the price of a VPN. And many just like to listen to the commentary. My sister always listened to the commentaries while working in the Kitchen. Plus we should have the choice but the BBC are taking that away from Rangers supporters

54 minutes ago, pete said:

This is the kind of thing club 1872 should be getting involved in.

As for why some feel dependent on the BBC. Some can only have a radio at work. Many older people are not computer savy enough to get streams. Not everyone can afford 17.50(?) a month plus the price of a VPN. And many just like to listen to the commentary. My sister always listened to the commentaries while working in the Kitchen. Plus we should have the choice but the BBC are taking that away from Rangers supporters

You're bang on, this is exactly the role Club1872 should be adopting and devoting their energies and resources to. I'd like to see them engaging legal representation to challenge BBC Scotland's negligence and I'd expect them to be pulling out all stops to publicise the BBC's dishonesty in representing this as the fault of Rangers. You could buy a lot of newspaper space for £1m. It would certainly be of more use that fans endlessly repeating to each other how unfair it is ... or inferring the situation is down to Rangers by suggesting we should be pursuing a resolution. 

17 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Some people still aren’t grasping the importance of the fact that the BBC have exclusive radio rights. How many times does that have to be repeated on this thread?

I think most people take that for granted and grasp it perfectly well, so it changes nothing and there's really little point repeating it.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think most people take that for granted and grasp it perfectly well, so it changes nothing and there's really little point repeating it.

So how do you expect fans without access to RTV to follow our team's live progress? 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

So how do you expect fans without access to RTV to follow our team's live progress? 

I don't. At no time have I suggested I did. Pay attention.

Get RTV, go to the pub or read a book. If you can only listen to radio then get a really good book. It's not good, it's not fair, it's not right. But it is what it is and only the BBC can resolve the issue ... but they don't want to and they won't. And Club1872 is too busy counting its money and dreaming of fan ownership. So what are you going to do? What's your solution, beyond whining and having Rangers grovel to the haters at PQ?