Pacific Quay Musings?

On 07/11/2018 at 15:01, buster. said:

I doubt he'll be on a payroll but he certainly ticks a fair few boxes to be given a platform by Cosgrove/Off the Ball.

I honestly believe they are getting paid. It’s the only way that the coordinated campaing can be driven. There are too many ex-“Rangers men” who’s opinions suddenly shifted in tandem.

4 minutes ago, StuGers said:

I honestly believe they are getting paid. It’s the only way that the coordinated campaing can be driven. There are too many ex-“Rangers men” who’s opinions suddenly shifted in tandem.

I was specifically talking about Eardley.

Many of those ex-Rangers players are obviously getting paid for their punditry work and might well feel a degree of pressure to join the general outcry.

Funnily enough it was an ex-Celtic player, in possibly his first PQ gig at punditry (Gary Caldwell) who called NL out for what he had done that night/his history in the 'heat of the moment'.

For the record.......

European Sportsound podcast (2 Scottish clubs playing)................duration 53 minutes

One match received approximately 40 minutes of content, the other got approximately 5 minutes.

I'll leave you to guess which match got what.

The other 8 minutes covered other things, including our statement about Collum.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06r6wt8

Last night's coverage of our match was depressingly routine. PQ had three Aberdeen supporters in the studio, Big Dick, Wullie Miller, and Liam McLeod commentating from a TV screen. Buddie Thommo and his EBT joined the down beat, low brow discussion for fifteen minutes pre-match. Al Lamont(like Villarreal) was in situ' in Moscow to provide a few lines. The atmosphere was a grouping of four or five guys standing a half mile down a food queue in cold war Moscow, knowing there was nothing in the store that was likely to provoke interest. That's it, the whole disinterested production. They don't want to be covering our games, they have no enthusiasm for Rangers games, but they'll take the remuneration.

The pounding bass and flashing disco lights signaled a considerable increase in pace and enthusiasm, the A team surrounded the microphones. Pat Bonner, Tom English, and Scott McDonald joined the Dandies, and everyone chorused, 'you'll never walk alone' and agreed this was akin to a Champions League night, "simply stunning" purred McDonald. No doubt, the improved ambiance will be carried into tonight's coverage of Aberdeen versus Hibs?

If these guys don't want to do it, and they don't; why can't the responsible Producer bring in a couple of guys that do want to cover Rangers on behalf of license fee paying Rangers supporters? Is there any elected representative(s) in this country willing to highlight this continuing anomaly, and demand we receive the same service provided to others? 

I had to listen to a bit of the radio coverage last night - probably the first 25 minutes or so and couldn't believe how excited Mcleod was at any attack from Spartak, and how understated for our first two goals.   Says it all really.

I listened to about three minutes in the car before turning it off in disgust. I'd rather not know that listen to that sneerfest. The question I was left with was ... why would any Rangers supporter with an ounce of self-respect listen to the BBC, let alone campaign for Rangers to make gestures of reconciliation to the weasels at PQ?