Pacific Quay Musings?

25 minutes ago, gaspard said:

Rain doesn't give you the cold matey, same way as sitting on your arse in an armchair doesn't help change anything. 

Agreed, although in this particular instance the best course of action is to cease funding them.

22 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

Dave Ross is one of a triumvirate owning the Admiral Bar, the other two names retreat into the shadows. The pub is closing because the building containing the Howf is being redeveloped.

Always nice to see their slophouses shut.  

23 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

"Balance"?

"Balance" is the new buzz word at PQ. RAB Cosgrove was taunting listeners with it, "Bobby Bluebell of the Bluebells is in the studio today, since this is the BBC and we must have balance we have two members of the band, Tide Lines who support Rangers". Bobby aka Robert Hodgens is the tall, long haired speccy frontman from the 80s/90s beat combo, the Bluebells. Robert laments their choice of name, "the grief we've had over the years". Bobby is just another long term Sellik supporting mate of RAB's. He told us during lockdown, "ah miss my regular coffees with Bobby Bluebell". RAB had Rangers supporting mates too; three of them but after 2012 they accepted Rangers are not the same club and gave up their season tickets.

Balance allows for fantasy on a number of levels. Bobby, like so many other long term green'n'grey hooped horrors, is in with the PQ bricks. Regularly, Bobby is credited with providing ambient tones on documentaries, nature shows and, dramas. The creation of BBC Scotland's second channel has been very good financial news for RAB's fellow travellers. Thus, Bobby leaving one PQ studio to sit beside RAB in another with two other guys off the street is presented as, "Balance". Why doesn't RAB do the full Rangers Tax Case Blog nostalgia and get on Bobby's former bandmate, Lawrence Donegan?

Ah. Bobby Bluebell, who takes great delight in singing the Bluebell's The Patriot Game with lyrics such as:

Come all you young rebels
And list while I sing
The love of one's country
Is a terrible thing

It's barely two years since
I wandered away
With a local battalion
Of the old IRA

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

Ah. Bobby Bluebell, who takes great delight in singing the Bluebell's The Patriot Game with lyrics such as:

Come all you young rebels
And list while I sing
The love of one's country
Is a terrible thing

It's barely two years since
I wandered away
With a local battalion
Of the old IRA

Sounds like a Lundy to me.

The Balanced Jum Spence?

Yesterday's Off the Ball had the resigned Rectum of Dundee University, Jum Spence as special guest. Yep, the Journo who was allowed to resign twice from BBC Scotland because he could NOT bring an objective approach to dealing with Rangers and Rangers supporters; is once again invited on to the PQ airwaves to proffer his preferred prejudice. Further, it is important to remember Jum eats the biled ham raw.

Just before the start of this season, Jum Tweeted more of his omnipotence. He sought to reassure his fellow Dundee United fans(no laughing at the back) that all was well in the clootie world. He told of leaving Sunday morning mass and meeting both the Tangerines owner, Mark Ogren and Chief Executive, Tony Asghar. He laid any jitters to mind - they attended mass and Jum felt the club was in good hands and would perform well.

On being asked yesterday as to the state of Tannadice things now, he took another bite of that raw biled ham;

"You know ah said to both Mark and Tony at the start of the season, Scotland is a hard presbyterian country. Somewhere down the line you can expect some grief, they love to sink the boot in".

Jum, in terms of sinking the boot in; may I draw your attention to St Bartholomew's Day 1572.