Pacific Quay Musings?

This topic reminds me on a regular basis why I never listen to Sportsound. Actually, I never listen to Radio Scotland at all. Actually, I avoid the BBC as a whole whenever possible. These viewing choices are available to everyone of course but I admit to feeling fairly smug about the discretion I exercise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Garnet Symbolism.

Fair's fair?

Today's national BBC  lunchtime news bulletin contained an item on Liverpool supporters expressing concern at the tediousness of constant chants from away supports concerning the pursuit of justice for those killed at the Hillsborough Disaster. It was a two-three minute piece to camera from BBC north of England correspondent, Nick Garnett. His interview with Jurgen Klopp had already been shown, then clips of opposition fans abuse outside Anfield and, an interview with a sister of a victim of Hillsborough followed. Outside the Liverpool ground, Nick Garnett addressed the camera with, "just like Rangers supporters with the Ibrox Disaster, United fans with Munich and, Spurs support constantly being regaled with anti-semitic chants; Liverpool fans say they have had enough".

In a week where an element of ra Sellik away support at Ibrox once again deliberately disrupted the minute's silence for the 66, it is heartening to be reminded that NOT all the Beeb is heartless towards those that attended a game of football but failed to return home. Of course, BBC Scotland did not report, question or, discuss the actions of the Green Brigade. It is accepted, it is the way it is.

Thank you Nick Garnett.