Spot the difference..

10 hours ago, colinstein said:

we'll never find another Vuckik right enough

I found out during the week that he is playing for FC Twenthe. He is playing in my back yard and I never knew. Getting a season ticket lined up as I speak.:D

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:
9 hours ago, pete said:
I found out during the week that he is playing for FC Twenthe. He is playing in my back yard and I never knew. Getting a season ticket lined up as I speak.emoji3.png

That would explain why they are going down.

Being serious Twente were stripped of virtually everything 2 years ago and only managed to hold on to their place in the Ere divisie and even hold their professional licence at the last moment. They are banned from Europe for 3 years for financial doping They had to do as we did and pick up freebies and loan deals. They had to sell all their good players. While I have to admit Vuckic always seems to be in the best of the rest category, but I don't think he is the sole reason they are doing bad. 90% of the team is crap. I think they are good enough to survive but they are not in a good position. Their position is a bit like ours but the KNVB made the decision and never left it to other clubs supporters to make. I believe they had players owned by 3rd party money men but admit I never really read up on it. My daughter and all her friends and most of my friends are all supporters, but I obviously don't really follow them. They do have a strong link to Stranraer and play a game there every year at some level. That came about as one terminally ill Twente supporter's last wish was to watch an old firm game and a Rangers and Celtic supporter from Sranraer gave up their tickets for him and helper. This year a local supporter's club from Borne collected to pay for a sick boy from Sranraer to have an all expenses paid visit to see FC Twente. Funny we have never played Twente since I lived here although the hotel they stayed and trained in for their pre-season training camp to Germany is just a few kilometres away from me in Holland almost on the Dutch German Border. In the Advocaat years we played Quick Oldenzaal which I got to see. Unfortunately they were not allowed a drink in the social club but marshalled straight onto the bus and away.  

1 hour ago, stewarty said:

Utterly deluded OP.  Really boils my piss when I see Rangers supporters advocate for Ashley in any form.  

I haven't seen him reappear so I suspect he was drunk when he wrote it, or having a seriously bad day.  Either way, he could not have been thinking clearly when posting such an opinion.

I’m not advocating Ashley in any way. I appreciate that King & Co have put money in to the club, whereas Ashley takes money out. However their funds are not unlimited. This is not a step forward, maybe one back before we can take 2 steps forward. Most clubs do not have second mortgages over their property. Maybe a sign of the times, as banks no longer lend football clubs unsecured loans the way they once did. I’m just pointing out though that this move by the current board is something that no previous regime did, as far as I know, although it was mooted by some but would have been considered highly controversial if they had went through with it. Probably a wise move by the current board, but not by any means cause for celebration.

59 minutes ago, 917 said:

I’m just pointing out though that this move by the current board is something that no previous regime did, as far as I know, although it was mooted by some but would have been considered highly controversial if they had went through with it. 

Bank borrowings have been secured on the assets of the club since the 80s, if not before. Nothing new there.

For example, the 1989 accounts state that the overdraft was secured on the stadium and the Albion.  

Asset securities are nothing new so we can only judge each such 'deal' on its content.

Ashley and Greenco were clearly out to gain for themselves and with the club's betterment a distant second.

Kingco's intentions or, perhaps more accurately, personal wealth can and should be scrutinised but I don't doubt they want the club to succeed.  FWIW, I'm not so sure this Close Bros financial belt and braces is something to open the champagne about but we do need a facility in place so we just have to settle for a less competitive one for the moment.