3 hours ago, craig said:

I hate to be pedantic... well, actually, no I don't.  But your maths is clearly wrong pete.

You should realise that 5.839 feet is NOT the same as 5 ft 8 inches.  The 0.839 is a %age of 1 - or put a different way it is 83.9% of 100%.  Given we are talking about inches then the 0.839 is 83.9% of 1 foot..... or 83.9% of 1 inch.  1 inch multiplied by 83.9% is..... you guessed it.... 10 inches.  Ergo.... Goss is 5ft 10 inches. :ninja:

But I do agree that he looks much taller than that.

I used a converter and yes I totally agree with you now. A mistake many will make I think. It is indeed 5 ft 10 inches. Apologies for that and I will hold my hands up I don't mind being proven wrong.

C***:D

9 hours ago, craig said:

Have you read that thread on Twitter ?

QPR tweeted that their loanee had 4 assists... Some of the Bears responses are hilarious. 

One guy says "On Monday morning he changed his name to Dalcio, he made a few other changes too, you can have him back in June". 

Another says "Just so you know, hes put on 2 stone, got a tan, grew his hair and started calling himself Carlos Pena and speaks exclusively Spanish so don't be alarmed when that's the way we send him back to you"

It's a superb thread! I was buckled.

I think whenever a Chinese club came in for Morelos in January, all the replies were pictures of Dalcio with 'this is Morelos'. You can always depend on the Twitter Loyal for a wee laugh.

I've been hugely impressed with Goss and would love to see him alongside Jack/McCrorie/Rossiter in a 4-2-3-1. 

Time and time again in last couple of seasons we've struggled to break teams down when they sit deep.  Because we're too predictable going forward, all too often it's left to the defensive players to find gaps and as much as Holt and Jack have done well enough, more often than not the ball would go back to Wilson or Alves who'd struggle to do anything else than play the ball wide - usually to the right side.  This made us incredibly easy to defend against.

Goss offers more in that he can take the ball in any situation and be more accurate (and quicker) with his passes from deeper areas.  Moreover, he's mobile enough to push into more attacking areas when we do apply pressure.  Add in his decent level of shooting and set-pieces then we have a younger, better Kranjcar.  The addition of Murphy and Docherty also make us much less one-dimensional going forward too.

I'd be looking to extend Goss' loan until 2020 if possible.

Well, we all know that we are but a couple of defeats away from nervous breakdowns, but if you sit back right now ...

We have a young, aggressive and lethal strikeforce of two chaps in their early 20s.

We have two middle-player-aged wingers who know what they are doing and do a great job doing it.

We have good attacking full-backs on either side of the field who get better as we speak, with John being quite young too.

We have one of the best young CH/DMs in Ross McCrorie, with Bates being solid enough too, at Premiership level.

We have that young loanee from QPR being praised above, but also solid chaps like Jack, Holt and hopefully Rossiter (who is very similar to Goss).

We have young Docherty and Windass in the attacking slots, both looking good at present.

And we have solid enough people waiting to step in (if not injured), like Wallace (who would have thought that he is in here), Dorrans (likewise), Alves (likewise), Cardoso, Herrera, Miller, Dodoo, O'Halloran, Hodson, Halliday, Kranjcar and even Dalcio,

In the here and now, we look quite good.

NB: I have every faith in three our goalies too.

9 hours ago, pete said:

I used a converter and yes I totally agree with you now. A mistake many will make I think. It is indeed 5 ft 10 inches. Apologies for that and I will hold my hands up I don't mind being proven wrong.

C***:D

Easy mistake to make - when not using an accountant's calculator :D

I hate to be pedantic... well, actually, no I don't.  But your maths is clearly wrong pete.

You should realise that 5.839 feet is NOT the same as 5 ft 8 inches.  The 0.839 is a %age of 1 - or put a different way it is 83.9% of 100%.  Given we are talking about inches then the 0.839 is 83.9% of 1 foot..... or 83.9% of 1 inch.  1 inch multiplied by 83.9% is..... you guessed it.... 10 inches.  Ergo.... Goss is 5ft 10 inches. :ninja:

But I do agree that he looks much taller than that.
1 inch mulipied by 83 percent is 8 tenths of an inch.

But your right its 5 foot 10