Celtic troll Rangers over Uefa Cup Final loss to Zenit St Petersburg

TROLL WITH IT

Celtic troll Rangers over Uefa Cup Final loss to Zenit St Petersburg ahead of Europa League clash against Russian side

The Hoops face Roberto Mancini's side on Thursday almost a decade after their rivals were beaten by them in the Manchester final

By David Fowler
13th February 2018, 12:57 pm
Updated: 13th February 2018, 1:01

CELTIC’S official Twitter account has trolled Rangers – about the Ibrox side’s Uefa Cup Final loss to Zenit St Petersburg.

Brendan Rodgers’ side face the Russian outfit in the Europa League on Thursday night.

And the clash comes just over a decade after Zenit beat Gers 2-0 in Manchester to clinch their first European trophy.

The light-hearted dig came shortly after a mix-up over Zenit’s badge – with Celtic’s match programme using the old version.

The Hoops wrote: “We love the current badge, guys, but we thought it would only be right to pay tribute to your greatest European triumph. Retro #CELZEN #Manchester2008.”

Earlier they’d posted a sneak-peek of the match programme which features comic-style images of Scott Brown and Zenit’s Aleksandr Kokorin.

However, the Russian champions were quick to pull them up about the old badge.

They said: “We love the cover guys but you’ve used our old badge! Remember what happened to @MailSport when they messed with our badge!”

Zenit’s page was inundated with jokey messages from Bhoys fans, with several using Conor McGregor’s legendary “You’ll do nothing!” quote to respond.

@cozzamcl_67 wrote: “Jozo will put yer whole club in the air.”

@Andy90_PT said: “Yer da sells avon!”

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2224586/celtic-rangers-uefa-cup-zenit-europa-league-parkhead/

The Official Celtic Twitter account, more and more, looks like It is run by a 12 yr old.

Last week they were celebrating the "7th anniversary of the invention of "The Broony"" - when Brown stood in El Hadj Diouf's face with arms spread wide.  Childish.  I am just glad that our official Twitter account is much more respectful.

I'd be embarrassed if our club ever did something like this.  I like to think we've always been the classy club, and this just further reinforces that view.

However, just like the Scottish gutter press, they are giving their fans what they want .... negative stuff about Rangers.  Therein lies the difference between us and them.  I don't care one bit about them.  I don't watch their games.  I don't read much of what they'd say (but I'll admit to having had a peak on Kerrydale for some humour after certain events).  I don't look out for their results.  I don't know most of their players' names, and I certainly don't care for their opinions on anything.  For Celtic, it's all about the Rangers, so I suppose in that sense we have something in common with them .... We are all obsessed with the most successful club in the world.