Steven Davis on a return to Ibrox Rumour!

Davis has just turned 33 but is still a fantastic player who has held his own in the EPL since he left us.

Let's not forget that Goss, Niko and Miller will all be leaving whilst Rossiter, Dorrans and Jack are all suffering from injury issues.  Davis for free and on affordable wages would be a no-brainer in that respect.

13 minutes ago, buster. said:

Comes down to his physical state.

Kranjcar is a great player but hasn't any legs left.

His physical state is quite clear if you see him playing for Southampton. No comparison to Kranjcar (or Miller, who someone else mentioned earlier).

9 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

His physical state is quite clear if you see him playing for Southampton. No comparison to Kranjcar (or Miller, who someone else mentioned earlier).

Purely on numbers, he's playing less minutes per game this season, which you can understand at 33 in the EPL midfield.

I haven't seen enough of those minutes to see how he is performing. That said, his ability isn't in question.

I think the way forward, generally, is to treat the transfer market like the stock market. Every signing needs to be an investment that will make the club money. This is the main way Celtic have opened such an enormous financial gap over us in the past few years. They've raked in about £50m in just 4-5 years.

We've got no chance of competing with them unless we can generate closer to the revenue they generate, and investing wisely is the shortcut to that.

However you obviously can't do that with every signing and if it's true money is no object for Davis then I'd welcome him coming in (in the condition Kranjcar goes and probably Halliday too). However, I was hoping we'd push for a bosman for James MacArthur. Not sure there would be space for both of them.