[FT] Hamilton 3 - 5 Rangers (Murphy 10; Windass 19, 34, 72; Morelos 27)

Its a tough ask to pull back 10 points, given their GD. However, they have three tricky away fixtures before the break - Aberdeen, us and Motherwell. If Aberdeen can break their duck against them and we can beat them at Ibrox, it really is game on. That’s assuming we are up for the fight, no more silly points dropped. Our confidence is high and I think the team have finally shaken the nerves when we go behind. My glass will be half full until the last drop is gone. 

There goal difference is not insurmountable if we keep scoring as we are.I will admit their wins against hearts and Hibs disappointed me. I had expected more from them. The nearer we come, the more pressure they will feel. As someone else said, We need to win our own games otherwise we have no chance.

5 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I wouldn't say they were out of sight yet, although I don't expect us to win the league, however as long as it is possible to catch them we have to believe there is a chance, a long shot granted but as big Marv says, keep believing :D

Ever the optimist and I agree but chances are fading. I can accept the odd bizarre defeat here and there but we have had too much this season to suggest we wont have anymore. Even if was only a 6 point gap id be more realistic but 9 points plus goal difference means games will run out but its frustrating to think about it. At the moment we are relying on them having another slip up soon which they dont tend to do. Knowing Aberdeen they would rather take a cuffing from Celtic to allow us a chance of catching them. But we are relying on Aberdeen finally beating them and if we close the gap to 6 then i would say its game on.

But lets take care of Hearts on Saturday first and see from there.

Edited by Gribz

For me, the rest of this season is about us 'knowing' we can beat them next season.  If we can go on a run until the end of the season, including beating them, we will then know that next season is achievable.  If we can build that belief in this team I think we will have a great start to next season, not to mention dozens of players' desperate to join us in the summer.  Any player, no matter who they are, would be desperate to be part of one of the best football stories ever to be told.  That's what our club is on the verge of here.

29 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't see where all this optimism is coming from. We've won less than 50% of our home games this season.

My optimism is firmly tongue in cheek, mixed with a little of big Marvin's "keep believing".

If more results go our way, you never know.  Though clearly it starts with better home form so am looking forward to Saturday

Yeh for me it's just about making sure there is something resembling a title race. Celtic will drop more points this season. They're dropping them all the time. That loss to Hibs has probably scuppered our chances of really challenging, but it we got close and put some space between ourselves and Aberdeen then we'd have a springboard for next season.

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

I don't see where all this optimism is coming from. We've won less than 50% of our home games this season.

That's exactly why I am optimistic.  We've lost most of our home games and yet we are still within a reasonable touching distance of Celtic.  That's how poor they are.  We don't need to have a transformational improvement.  All we need is to start winning at home against the other teams in this league (i.e. the bottom 8/9 teams) and we can challenge.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

It's a fair point but it's worth noting that our new signings were made to address the issues we have at home when teams sit in.  As such, I'd like to think results will improve at Ibrox and, if we can maintain our away form, then a challenge can be made.

Sure a title win is perhaps unlikely but it's good to see some optimism for a change.