Rangers (Murphy; Martin) 2 - 0 Hearts

This is the type of game in which we need to do better: Good, hard, organised defensive teams at Ibrox. We've struggled at Ibrox, and the signings in January were geared towards overcoming this obstacle. It'll be a tough game, but I'm really looking forward to this!

56 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I find it funny how we always seem to say 'this game's a must win', like it's a unique situation; when in fact every game is 'must win'. Win or lose against Hearts today, the next game will still be 'must win'.

I disagree slightly; for example, if we required 1 point to win the League, then that game would be a 'must not lose', and a win, while preferable would not be essential. 

I have to say, also, that I have seen some piss poor Rangers sides, on poor runs of form, to make matters worse, and all that I looked for were signs of life, indications that improvement was a possibility, and where performance outweighed result. Dark days, indeed. 

On the whole, however, I take your point.

For this weekend, I wish:

Rangers to beat the Hertz, ken, by 4 - 0, although i suppose any margin of victory will suffice.

Scotland to win the Calcutta Cup, scoring at least 1 try, and the margin of victory be damned.

A clogfest @the sheepfold tomorrow, ending in a draw; many injuries to both sides, with those to the better players the more serious; a plethora of cards, many yellows, and at least 2 reds, the majority for fhilth players; fighting  between the coaching and ancillary staff of the teams; fighting between the rival supporters; Brenda Brent speaking in tongues at the post match presser; Dermot Desmond asking Brenda if he is -actually- a Rangers' man; rasellik's team bus getting stranded in a blizzard overnight; Peter lawwell being caught in bed with a live man or a dead woman; or both.

Not much to ask from Messrs Carlsberg, is it?

If I was really pressed, I might consider sacrificing the Calcutta Cup.......No, on reflection, a defeat for Sodom and Begorrah FC, rather than a draw, is as far as I am prepared to go.

Edited by Uilleam

14 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I think that's pretty much our strongest line-up. 

Docherty was good last week and deserves to keep his place.

The thread title would suggest it Murty's best bet.

IMO Docherty was ok last week. He gave away possession too easily and too much for him to finish much above even.

The positive was he was hungry to get involved.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

The thread title would suggest it Murty's best bet.

IMO Docherty was ok last week. He gave away possession too easily and too much for him to finish much above even.

The positive was he was hungry to get involved.

That was only early on, really; for the majority of the match has was good. (He gave the ball away 2-3 times? But he won the ball back much more than that.)

He was a little more defensive than I expected, but that looked to be the role he was assigned.