Rangers (Murphy; Martin) 2 - 0 Hearts

Levein's Hearts will sit in, and be well organised and marshaled. We will go at them in waves, pushing our full backs further up the park to create the necessary angles. We will have little room to work, and opportunities to get in behind will be limited. Lafferty and Naismith will find increasing room as the game progresses. We must score ffirst and second. Set pieces will be significant for both sides. If we can secure the victory, a window of opportunity might appear the next day.

Our hopes hang by the proverbial gossamer thread, but at least it's genuine hope. 

Tomorrow's match for me will settle the question of whether we will see a title race (of sorts) this season.

The optimist's hope is that post January transfer window we are much improved and can push an injury plagued and off-the-boil Celtic all the way. The pessimists insist we have no real reason to think that we are that different to before the window.

We've played 5 league games since coming back against both ends of the table. We've played against 3rd and 4th and 10th, 11th and 12th. 

Wins against the bottom 3 should be par for the course (especially by a margin of only 1 and 2).

1 win and 1 loss against 3rd and 4th at home is the reason we're not sure where we are and why the realists probably lean towards the pessimist's view.

A good win tomorrow will arguably prove the optimistic right. A scraped win will probably leave us still undecided but anything less than 3 points pretty much proves the pessimists right.

Hope to see another good attacking performance with good service for Alfredo.

Edited by DMAA

Tomorrow can't confirm that we have a potential title challenge.  We've got to put a few more wins together before that's the case.  However, tomorrow can confirm the end of any sort of title challenge if we don't get the 3 points.  There is no doubt that tomorrow, like every other game we play for the rest of this season, is a must win game.

Im quietly optimistic about tomorrow and I'm desperate to have confidence that we can out a really good run of victories together.  If we can put another two victories on the board with our upcoming games against Hearts and St Johnstone, I'll be helping Stewarty push his bandwagon about because I'll start to believe.  I'm pretty sure a few others on here would join me too.

I reckon we'll essentially start with the same formation as last week, never change a running system and all that. I do wonder whether it might yield more instant success if we go with Cummings and Morelos up front, and "sacrifice" Docherty in central midfield. Essentially a 4-4-2 with a touch more responsibility for the centre-halfs, Goss and Windass/Cummings tracking back a little, if required.

What are the odds for Naismith scoring a goal?

As for the game on Sunday, methinks the Sheep are missing most of their better players and the Scum will be smarting.

This is a very important game for both Murty and the team. Do the last two results herald a new upbeat Rangers or were they a false dawn with our hope about to be dashed?

Hearts will be a good test for this. They don’t let many goals in so it will be a test for our free scoring players. They can be somewhat muscular so we need to be able to stand up to them. Needless to say a strong referee would be helpful, but I believe it is Mr Beaton, so we can park that one.

A good win here will really set us up. We can then await the Sunday result knowing that whatever the result we are on to a winner. We either pull away from Aberdeen and/or we get nearer Celtic. To be greedy, a nice result by Killie will leave Hibs trailing in our wake.

Any dropped points will have us questioning the team and manager once again. But enough of negative thinking.

Let us live in hope and as the OP says, Momentum!   

3 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

I reckon we'll essentially start with the same formation as last week, never change a running system and all that. I do wonder whether it might yield more instant success if we go with Cummings and Morelos up front, and "sacrifice" Docherty in central midfield. Essentially a 4-4-2 with a touch more responsibility for the centre-halfs, Goss and Windass/Cummings tracking back a little, if required.

What are the odds for Naismith scoring a goal?

As for the game on Sunday, methinks the Sheep are missing most of their better players and the Scum will be smarting.

Is Naismith not on the doubtful list.

13 minutes ago, pete said:

Is Naismith not on the doubtful list.

Yes, he's on three ....

1.  Doubtful he will be fit enough to play

2.  Doubtful that he is good enough to score against us

3.  Doubtful that he'll ever be forgiven

:P