25 minutes ago, StuGers said:

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I find it absolutely staggering that there has been this reaction to it, and a lot coming from Rangers fans.

Why is there such a massive uproar about it? The Groin Brigade do it all the time. There was a pub of Rangers fans with women and children physically attacked and it’s hardly been mentioned by the newspapers or MPs. There were Rangers fans attacked after the match whilst they were walking home.

Yet the outcry is about fans with a logo of someone being kicked.

So what is worse? A logo depicting violence or actual violence on women and children? By the mass response, it seems that the answer is the logo, but that is just because it depicts a Celtic fan as the victim.

Again, think the march was stupid, but the hypocrisy of the outcry as if this is the first time in history that this has happened is ridiculous when you compare it to the actual violence that the Rangers fans have been subject to. It really does show you the awful political landscape that we reside in where actual violence against us is not newsworthy.

You can certainly criticise the media for its focus on certain events over others, but the reaction from Rangers fans (including me) to this is perfectly sensible.  Firstly, what other groups from other teams is less of a concern to me because they're not associated with my club.  I don't like my club being negatively affected at all, and when it's done by our own fans it's so much more disappointing.  Just because others do it worse than use doesn't mean it's ok.  That's a ridiculous argument.

Not a single Rangers fan thinks that the flyer is worse than someone being attacked.  The difference is that we (as Rangers fans) could have prevented the former.  It was a stupid own goal we scored and totally unnecessary.  If that March was simply about singing songs in favour of the team, why that logo, or covering if their faces?  It was sinister and stupid.  However, I've already said the attacks on our players, staff and supporters is worse.  There's no doubt about that, but it still won't stop me voicing my opinion about our own behaviour.  It'll be a sad day when I start measuring our behaviour in relative terms to 'theirs'.  I think we're much better than that, don't you?

Edited by Gaffer

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

You can certainly criticise the media for its focus on certain events over others, but the reaction from Rangers fans (including me) to this is perfectly sensible.  Firstly, what other groups from other teams is less of a concern to me because they're not associated with my club.  I don't like my club being negatively affected at all, and when it's done by our own fans it's so much more disappointing.  Just because others do it worse than use doesn't mean it's ok.  That's a ridiculous argument.

Not a single Rangers fan thinks that the flyer is worse than someone being attacked.  The difference is that we (as Rangers fans) could have prevented the former.  It was a stupid own goal we scored and totally unnecessary.  If that March was simply about singing songs in favour of the team, why that logo, or covering if their faces?  It was sinister and stupid.  However, I've already said the attacks on our players, staff and supporters is worse.  There's no doubt about that, but it still won't stop me voicing my opinion about our own behaviour.  It'll be a sad day when I start measuring our behaviour in relative terms to 'theirs'.  I think we're much better than that, don't you?

And there lies the problem, we can't turn a blind eye to this sheer stupidity just because someone else representing some other group is equivalent or worse.  That's ludicrous.

Imagine a lawyer walking into a court room representing a serial killer and he says this.

Yes M'lud there is no denying he's been a bit of a naughty boy but hey boys will be boys.  What about Jeffrey Dahmer?  What about Ted Bundy?  What about Fred West?  I rest my case.

Stupid yes but no more stupid than the attempts to defend these total nitwits here.

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Stupid yes but no more stupid than the attempts to defend these total nitwits here.

Any updates on the 'disastrous' fallout from yesterday's 'toxic' and 'sinister' parade?

Has the club been shut down?  What was the death toll?  Have UEFA banned us from Europe?  

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Any updates on the 'disastrous' fallout from yesterday's 'toxic' and 'sinister' parade?

Has the club been shut down?  What was the death toll?  Have UEFA banned us from Europe?  

nah....just that arseholes have given the club bad publicity

If they had broken the law or crossed Social boundaries they would have been arrested. They didn’t and they weren’t. People can walk or march covering their face if the wish, a certain ethnic group force their woman to do it.

I don’t profess to enjoy that sort of thing but they identify with it. I will defend their right to behave in any way they wish with the boundaries of legality. No harm was done so they have nothing to answer. If that changes then my reaction changes. Personally I find it distasteful but that’s just an opinion.

Edited by cooponthewing

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Yes, it's painting the club in a bad light which while you don't care about that most others do.  In addition given this is a relatively high profile forum both press and curious public will look here for opinion on these clowns. That opinion has to be and is predominately negative.

But you go ahead with your support of para military style spectacles. It gives others the opportunity to mark them and you out as not representative of the club or the vast majority of it's support.

Most folk in the real world couldn't give a toss about a daft Ultra march.  At work today, only the football and the result was discussed.  The press paint us in a bad light most days anyway.

Mountains and molehills spring to mind.