35 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

If they had broken the law or crossed Social boundaries they would have been arrested. They didn’t and they weren’t. People can walk or march covering their face if the wish, a certain ethnic group force their woman to do it.

I don’t profess to enjoy that sort of thing but they identify with it. I will defend their right to behave in any way they wish with the boundaries of legality. No harm was done so they have nothing to answer. If that changes then my reaction changes. Personally I find it distasteful but that’s just an opinion.

I'm sure you'll then equally defend the rights of the media who create made up negative stories about us every week.  That's not illegal either I suppose.  Just because it isn't illegal doesn't make it right.

3 hours ago, colinstein said:

there's no place for face masks and IRA type balaclavas at our club. An own goal.....and looks to be copied from moronic sections of the tim support. What you heard them singing isn't a problem for me as I would martyr myself by singing the billy boys (with 2 words missed out)....but all this uniform stuff looks straight out of Coatbridge. Bunch of wanks who I would chib if I was a younger person

That qualifies your opinions as being worthy of note ...

I'm sure the young UB will be impressed with your criticisms.

16 hours ago, Gaffer said:

You can certainly criticise the media for its focus on certain events over others, but the reaction from Rangers fans (including me) to this is perfectly sensible.  Firstly, what other groups from other teams is less of a concern to me because they're not associated with my club.  I don't like my club being negatively affected at all, and when it's done by our own fans it's so much more disappointing.  Just because others do it worse than use doesn't mean it's ok.  That's a ridiculous argument.

Not a single Rangers fan thinks that the flyer is worse than someone being attacked.  The difference is that we (as Rangers fans) could have prevented the former.  It was a stupid own goal we scored and totally unnecessary.  If that March was simply about singing songs in favour of the team, why that logo, or covering if their faces?  It was sinister and stupid.  However, I've already said the attacks on our players, staff and supporters is worse.  There's no doubt about that, but it still won't stop me voicing my opinion about our own behaviour.  It'll be a sad day when I start measuring our behaviour in relative terms to 'theirs'.  I think we're much better than that, don't you?

I’m not condoning their actions.

The point I’m making is that whilst their mob run riot through the city, batter lumps out of each other, attack groups of our fans, scrawl graffiti and vandalism everywhere, abuse our players in a sectarian fashion, I’m finding it hard to get upset about a group of our daft supporters with a really stupid logo and making some ridiculous red-hand salutes.

14 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

If they had broken the law or crossed Social boundaries they would have been arrested. They didn’t and they weren’t. People can walk or march covering their face if the wish, a certain ethnic group force their woman to do it.

I don’t profess to enjoy that sort of thing but they identify with it. I will defend their right to behave in any way they wish with the boundaries of legality. No harm was done so they have nothing to answer. If that changes then my reaction changes. Personally I find it distasteful but that’s just an opinion.

They did break the law, as far as I'm aware. They organised and took part in a march that was not authorised and did not have the correct permission.

I think the biggest difference with this incident, compared to others that may have happened is that the UB stunt was plastered all over Social media before hand.  Their "flier" alerted folk that it was going to happen, and had already created a talking point before the actual event.  It had been put in the public domain before it had even happened.

As for the fall out of it.  I believe folk could have been arrested as it was an un-authorised march, however can you imagine the potential response IF the cops had moved in to stop it happening or to make any arrests - it could have escalated into a fall on street battle/riot.

The argument that "fans of other clubs behave in the same way", doesn't justify the UB's actions.  As I said in a previous post The Club & it's fans continually put out that they "set the standard" & that their standards are higher than the rest.  The UB's actions only prove that to be wrong.

While it's true that the media paint the club in a very negative light, many of these stories/reports can VERY easily be proven to be fabrications, exaggerations or just plain lies.  However, no matter how they report this, it will be undeniably true - they don't need to make anything up or exaggerate, it's there for all to see.  While the effect of the club may not be immediately evident (ie. being shut down, as someone suggested), the longer term damage that these idiots are doing to the clubs reputation may never be repaired.

3 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Who had to pay for tbe policing of this march. The club or me?

Either way i object.

I can’t remember this much of an outcry when they had their massive marches. 

Again, I’m not for these at all, but has there been this level of noise from our fans about the policing costs for their marches, which appear to be more regular.

2 hours ago, StuGers said:

I can’t remember this much of an outcry when they had their massive marches. 

Again, I’m not for these at all, but has there been this level of noise from our fans about the policing costs for their marches, which appear to be more regular.

That's the very point that Darther is trying to make. We say we're better than them, have higher standards as fans and club and then the UB step in to prove us all wrong.