Having been a regular on supporters buses and trains with Bears on the way to and from matches for over 30 years, I can confirm that our standards can be pretty low, so trying to claim we're all upstanding examples of mankind is just ridiculous.  

The march walked right past me on Sunday and there were a few older ones but they mainly looked about 15-20.  Lads in their late teens are always going to be a bit wide, rebellious, loud-mouthed and bloody annoying at times - that's life.  

I'd love to know what horrors have befallen us all as a result of this march?  Please don't include a couple of bad press articles, cos we'd get those after a match against them regardless if we all turned up and offered them a bouquet of roses for their mums and gave a £10 donation to a charity of Billy McNeil's choice.  Don't kid yourselves otherwise.  

If anything, I'd expect the bad press and slightly hysterical reactions from some Rangers supporters to spur the UBs on to do it again...and to get more support.  

Edited by Gonzo79

The sight of so many wearing dark clothing and facemarks makes me feel very uncomfortable. However, I question whether the Antifa uniform would be seen at all if the authorities weren't obsessed with trivial "hate crimes" and didn't target Rangers fans quite so deliberately.

8 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Having been a regular on supporters buses and trains with Bears on the way to and from matches for over 30 years, I can confirm that our standards can be pretty low, so trying to claim we're all upstanding examples of mankind is just ridiculous.  

The march walked right past me on Sunday and there were a few older ones but they mainly looked about 15-20.  Lads in their late teens are always going to be a bit wide, rebellious, loud-mouthed and bloody annoying at times - that's life.  

I'd love to know what horrors have befallen us all as a result of this march?  Please don't include a couple of bad press articles, cos we'd get those after a match against them regardless if we all turned up and offered them a bouquet of roses for their mums and gave a £10 donation to a charity of Billy McNeil's choice.  Don't kid yourselves otherwise.  

If anything, I'd expect the bad press and slightly hysterical reactions from some Rangers supporters to spur the UBs on to do it again...and to get more support.  

Flip it round...what positives have come of it???

The negatives are easy - continued & substantiated bad press & fan behaviour.    If that kind of thing continues, it may have ongoing ramification is terms of corporate income & sponsorship deals etc.

35 minutes ago, Darthter said:

oh well then....why bother changing???

The nicer we get, the more Tims lord it over us, love coming to Ibrox and we are continually mocked by the Scottish press.  The "Sorry Sir, won't do it again." approach hasn't really worked.

I'd prefer it we we became a bit angrier and more in their faces (within legal boundaries, obviously), if I'm honest.  The UB march is just a young lads' attempt to do just that.

Edited by Gonzo79

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

The nicer we get, the more Tims lord it over us, love coming to Ibrox and we are continually mocked by the Scottish press.  The "Sorry Sir, won't do it again." approach hasn't really worked.

I'd prefer it we we became a bit angrier and more in their faces (within legal boundaries, obviously), if I'm honest.  The UB march is just a young lads' attempt to do just that.

No it wasn;t...it was overstepping the boundaries IMHO.

This march had NOTHING to do with pushing back against the press or anyone else - it was nothing more than an excuse for open hatred & sectarianism.

If they wanted to march..fine, but why have it will all the dark overtones - the flier, the banner, the flares, sectarian singing etc.  Why not make it fun, bright & loud.  Encourage fans of all ages etc to join in - show the local media & the world what Rangers fans are truly about.  Instead, they show everyone that they are actually no better than any other extremist "ultra" group - no better than those they hate themselves (The Green Brigade).

10 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Why not make it fun, bright & loud.  Encourage fans of all ages etc to join in - show the local media & the world what Rangers fans are truly about.  

The cuddly wuddly Rangers support?  

That'll have the Tims quaking in their Primark trainers.  

The press and half of Scotland have us all down as rabid bigots anyway.  I doubt a few party hats, congas and smiling toddlers would change that.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The cuddly wuddly Rangers support?  

That'll have the Tims quaking in their Primark trainers.  

The press and half of Scotland have us all down as rabid bigots anyway.  I doubt a few party hats, congas and smiling toddlers would change that.

who cares if their fans are scared of our fans....pointless argument.

So if everyone things we're rabid bigots anyway, we shouldn't even bother to try & change that???  We just bow to their opinion & stereotyping of us???  So your plan is to push back against anyone who hates the club, by acting in a manner that actually solidifies & supports many of their reasons for hating us in the 1st place.  Sound logic.