3 hours ago, BEARGER said:

That's the very point that Darther is trying to make. We say we're better than them, have higher standards as fans and club and then the UB step in to prove us all wrong.

I’m always going to accept that our fans have a group of nutters. It is almost completely avoidable. But how are they going to understand that what they are doing is wrong when they look across the city and see the mass unwashed doing the same thing and are either applauded for it or it is just ignored?

Just now, StuGers said:

I’m always going to accept that our fans have a group of nutters. It is almost completely avoidable. But how are they going to understand that what they are doing is wrong when they look across the city and see the mass unwashed doing the same thing and are either applauded for it or it is just ignored?

They should NEVER be our point of reference!!!  We are better than that.

You've missed my point entirely, Darther.  

As for Ultras....

ultra

[uhl-truh]

adjective

1. going beyond what is usual or ordinary; excessive; extreme.

noun

1. an extremist, as in politics, religion, fashion, etc.

Edited by Gonzo79

5 minutes ago, Darthter said:

They should NEVER be our point of reference!!!  We are better than that.

I agree, that is what I would like but there will always be a group of idiots. I don’t know what we can ever do to change that.

Are you not appalled that the focus is on a group of idiots with a stupid logo rather than our fans getting incendiary devices thrown into them? Or our fans being attacked on their way home?

Edited by StuGers

15 minutes ago, StuGers said:

I agree, that is what I would like but there will always be a group of idiots. I don’t know what we can ever do to change that.

Are you not appalled that the focus is on a group of idiots with a stupid logo rather than our fans getting incendiary devices thrown into them? Or our fans being attacked on their way home?

The focus of these things is all wrong....and it's not just reserved for football matters/coverage.  In general, the population are told about individual/specific issues, very rarely are we openly told about the big/main issues that are going on.

As for the incendiary throwing....I would like to think that work will be ongoing in the background, with evidence being gathered.  That's also another point.....as far as the media goes - if they have more visual evidence to support a story, they will run with it.  The UB's have provided everything the media need on a plate.  for the throwing of the incendiary items, at the moment there is only witness statements - there doesn't appear to be any video or photos.  I'm sure the clubs CCTV would have picked up something though & would like to think the club will pursue in the correct manner, via the correct channels.

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

You've missed my point entirely, Darther.  

As for Ultras....

ultra

[uhl-truh]

adjective

1. going beyond what is usual or ordinary; excessive; extreme.

noun

1. an extremist, as in politics, religion, fashion, etc.

Why do we need "ultras" anyway???  because they have them???

Clubs all over Europe have them.  We'd probably have one even if the yahoos didn't.  

I had a drink in the HSV Fanhaus in Hamburg and the Ultras there were very accommodating with my wife and I but they do similar marches, have pyro displays and all the sing-songs etc.  The Germans seem to enjoy it.

We're awfully sensitive in the UK nowadays. Perenially offended on behalf of everyone else.  Life's too short.

6 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Do they cover their faces over there or are they brave enough to be seen.

The Police don't film them like they do here.  Members of the UBs got visits from the Police over the weekend too.