Smoke Bombs thrown onto fans

Not for the first time, the directors and senior management at Rangers are letting the fans down badly by failure to even comment publicly on this episode. When will they stop taking us for granted. This is when I wish we had a supporters' organisation worth the name. But we don't.

Can someone explain to me why fans should invest in share ownership if those wielding that ownership cannot themselves take the initiative when issues like this arise?

10 hours ago, boabie said:

The police work on fan safety at the ground. If Rangers want selliks allocation to be the same as any other away fans  the police will consider the risk and their emergency planning group will carry out a study and say, if you want that you'll need to pay for however many police to ensure those attending the match do so without risk of harm. 

I believe there are now SPFL rules prohibiting the total banning of away fans.

That is why whenever talk of the manks getting shoved into a corner comes up I say it won't happen - it would cost our club a lot of money in extra policing to do that.

My main point is though, despite what was posted earlier and no matter how high up the source was, the police do not decide how many of the scum we allow in. Rangers decide that and the police decide how much it will cost.

I'm not sure I understand why policing 1500 fans (or whatever it is), in the same isolated seating area as fans of every other club, would cost more than policing 7000 fans in the Broomloan? If match day safety arrangements work for the same number of Hibs & Aberdeen fans, why would it be an insurmountable problem for Celtic?

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

How do you know Club1872 haven't raised concerns about goings on last Sunday with the club?  

That's easy, because they haven't announced it. Unless of course Club1872 now only operates on its own account behind closed doors. You can't claim to represent fans and not inform them what you're doing to represent them. Unless you're Vladimir Putin.

Making every interaction public might not be the best idea.  

If anyone is scared of the Tims they should avoid these matches.  My dad wouldn't let me go to a Rangers v Celtc match until I was in my teens and, in retrospect, I think he made the right decision.

1 minute ago, Gonzo79 said:

Making every interaction public might not be the best idea.  

If anyone is scared of the Tims they should avoid these matches.  My dad wouldn't let me go to a Rangers v Celtc match until I was in my teens and, in retrospect, I think he made the right decision.

If a tree falls in the forest, does it make any noise? I've seen enough over the years of inferences of activity between club and fans' orgs, very little of which had any substance. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing openly ... no one has to blab about the outcome if that's too sensitive, but at least we would know to expect one.

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Fair point.  Many fans, myself included, seem unhappy with the yahoos' current allocation, so you'd hope something might be done.  But I won't hold my breath.

Very wise :tu:

11 hours ago, Bill said:

That's easy, because they haven't announced it. Unless of course Club1872 now only operates on its own account behind closed doors. You can't claim to represent fans and not inform them what you're doing to represent them. Unless you're Vladimir Putin.

Maybe they've been to Starbucks with the SLO and a Director and we'll hear about it in a few weeks once the Director has gone through the statement line by line.

1 hour ago, forlanssister said:

Maybe they've been to Starbucks with the SLO and a Director and we'll hear about it in a few weeks once the Director has gone through the statement line by line.

Nothing is in dispute. The only question is what our board are going to do. We dont need to wait on police reports and go through this line by line. If we need their money at the expense of our fans safety then we are in a worse place than I thought.