Smoke Bombs thrown onto fans

38 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Members are perfectly entitled to contact Club1872 with any concerns they have, Bill.

Let's blame a Rangers supporters group, who seem to want the Tims to get a lesser allocation, for the Tims throwing firecrackers at Ibrox.  Count me out.

I think what is being suggested is not to blame them but that club 1872 are lobbied to ask the board what they are doing about an issue which is bothering lots of fans who they represent. Others may lobby to maintain celtics fans at Ibrox but recent events have moved this on from a dislike at the over prominence they have in our stadium to genuine concern about escalating trouble at Ibrox which the police and stewards seem unable to control. I would imagine it is within 1872 remit to inform the Board of fan concerns and challenge their efficacy in managing the problem. 

The guy organising the petition was affected by one of these firecrackers and has been to his doctor suffering from hearing problems. 

I personally dint mind these things going  off as they add to the atmosphere in my opinion but lobbying them into a group of people is more than a step to far. It is reason alone to restrict their allocation significantly. The risk of escalating trouble was pointed out to the Board and this has now manifested itself in serious incidents. 

I am am totally baffled that anyone would object to robust measures being taken to protect our own fans. I am more baffled that they would accept their own ticket at the piggery as an acceptable trade off. 

Good luck to the guy involved and anyone else who complains.  I'd fully back banning them from Ibrox.  Alas, I doubt it'll happen for reasons already discussed.  

Their celebrations after victories at Ibrox these days seem more inflammatory than our huddle at their ground years ago.  Yet they get free reign to do as they please.  That gets my goat far more than the firecrackers.  

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Good luck to the guy involved and anyone else who complains.  I'd fully back banning them from Ibrox.  Alas, I doubt it'll happen for reasons already discussed.  

Their celebrations after victories at Ibrox these days seem more inflammatory than our huddle at their ground years ago.  Yet they get free reign to do as they please.  That gets my goat far more than the firecrackers.  

I have still had no reply from the SLO?  Will give it until Thursday and contact the club.

Club 1872, and the football club have such a challenge on their hands.  It's incredible that we all have the same objective - to make Rangers the best again - and yet we seem to be able to agree on very little in terms of how we get there.  There are major differences of opinion on the manager, the players, the board, fans' behaviour, opposing fans' seating allocations, and the list goes on.  I don't have a solution, but I'm just reflecting on how hard it must be for these organisations to represent the fans and do what the fans want, or what is best for the club.  It's always tempting to react to what the noisiest fans want, but that's not always how the majority feel.

Having said all this, I'm sure that every fan wants assurances that they can attend Ibrox safely.  I think we're united in that statement.  The club has a duty to take on board that simple premise and offer us assurances and a solution to that problem.  I'll expect a statement from the club at some point when they've assessed their options, but not before, unless it's a simple acknowledgement of the problem.

19 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Club1872's job isn't to ensure safety of people inside Ibrox Stadium.  That's the job of the Police, the stewards and the Scottish government (stop laughing at the back).

No...Safety within the stadium is the responsibility of the Police & the club (via their stewards).

If the Police say they are unable to check everyone entering the ground, then its up to the club to provide adequate resource if that is required.  I believe it will be the Stewards that will primarily be responsible for safety inside the stadium, therefore it is there's & the Clubs responsibility to ensure that no illegal or unwanted items are allowed in.

Nothing to do with the Govt.

So the Police and the government have nothing to do with each other?  Tell British Transport Police in Scotland that, Darther.  

Whatever happened to Lothian and Borders Police or Strathclyde Police?  Answers on a postcard to Jimmy Krankie, wobbling on high heels, Charlotte Sq, Edinburgh.  

Everyone in the Govan West corner got searched.  

Edited by Gonzo79

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

So the Police and the government have nothing to do with each other?  Tell British Transport Police in Scotland that, Darther.  

Whatever happened to Lothian and Borders Police or Strathclyde Police?  Answers on a postcard to Jimmy Krankie, wobbling on high heels, Charlotte Sq, Edinburgh.  

Everyone in the Govan West corner got searched.  

time to grow up & get real....Do the Govt run the police on a Day-to-day basis???  No....If there is unequal treatment of fans within the stadium, then take it up with the club - possibly via C1872.

The merging of the Police forces has absolutely NOTHING to do with Officers ensuring safety standards inside a football ground - the officers daily jobs or requirements hasn't changed because they are now a unified Police Scotland.

Please elaborate on how Politicians in Edinburgh have responsibility for the weekly safety/security arrangements for a football match.  Politician may well pass legislation with regard to safety within Stadiums, but it is NOT their responsibility to ensure that those legislation are adhered to - that is the job of the Police force & the Stewards (ie the Club).

Just now, Darthter said:

time to grow up & get real....Do the Govt run the police on a Day-to-day basis???  

The merging of the Police forces has absolutely NOTHING to do with Officers ensuring safety standards inside a football ground - the officers daily jobs or requirements hasn't changed because they are now a unified Police Scotland.

The gullibility of Scottish nationalists never ceases to me amaze me.  

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

The gullibility of Scottish nationalists never ceases to me amaze me.  

Nothing to do with Politics....its reality!!!  Stop blaming the Scot Govt, for issues that they have nothing to do with.

Safety within the stadium is Ultimately the responsibility of the Club & Police.  Between them they will determine the number of Police officers & stewards required in order to provide a safe environment.  I would imagine that primary responsibility for safety within the stadium will rest with the Club.  If visitors to the Stadium don't believe that safety standards are adequate, then who should they complain to - Scot Govt????  No, they complain to the club.

We can mess around with legal arguments all day long and for years. The club have the power to protect our fans inside the stadium. Show leadership and exert authority. We are doing nothing. Absolutely nothing. I said before if one of these things gets thrown into the directors box do we seriously think they would say or do nothing? It is contempt of our fans and 1872 should get involved. Our fans have done more than anyone to keep this club going and are being treated like second class citizens not just by celtic fans but even worse by our own board.