Smoke Bombs thrown onto fans

5 hours ago, cooponthewing said:

If someone is injured now by some kind of bomb being thrown the club are in deep thick stuff. Throwing bombs down onto spectators below is a whole new level. They could quite easily seriously injure or kill someone.

Think back to Motherwell away the other season when our own did it to our own and a 14 year old boy was injured by a banger going off beside his head.

It's not unusual for smoke bombs and bangers to be let off in the away disabled section at away games again by our own.

Isn't this exactly the sort of thing you would expect Club1872 to be addressing - campaigning for a reduced allocation for Celtic fans? It would be a reasonable test of their effectiveness at representing the interests of supporters. Perhaps they could be asked for their views.

Edit: Don't hold your breath.

Edited by Bill

27 minutes ago, forlanssister said:

Think back to Motherwell away the other season when our own did it to our own and a 14 year old boy was injured by a banger going off beside his head.

It's not unusual for smoke bombs and bangers to be let off in the away disabled section at away games again by our own.

Today’s came from above FS. The police know it came from above. I was right beside it. It’s a different scenario when other fans are directing them at fans below. Serious injury will happen sooner or later. All this doesn’t detract from my point that after the club now being aware that it happens, if it does so again and someone is injured they will be liable for plenty.

Edited by cooponthewing

16 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Today’s came from above FS. The police know it came from above. I was right beside it. It’s a different scenario when other fans are directing them at fans below. Serious injury will happen sooner or later. All this doesn’t detract from my point that after the club now being aware that it happens, if it does so again and someone is injured they will be liable for plenty.

As it did in the Motherwell incident.

The club are aware what our own do too and do nothing about that so unlikely they'll do anything about anyone else.

7 hours ago, forlanssister said:

As it did in the Motherwell incident.

The club are aware what our own do too and do nothing about that so unlikely they'll do anything about anyone else.

Out of interest, what can the club do about it?  I have no idea other than introduce airport style security checks.

3 hours ago, Gaffer said:

Out of interest, what can the club do about it?  I have no idea other than introduce airport style security checks.

Gaffer, we were told by plod that they couldn’t physically search everyone coming in? Now I remember  approx 6 bombs going off yesterday in addition to the one thrown into our section.

As I entered the GW corner section every one of our supporters was searched. Therefore, what plod is advocating is that they will put safety at risk because they won’t search all fans entering the Broamloan. In addition to the bombs I noticed other banners “F@ck the Queen” etc which they either missed or deemed acceptable?

Yes, of course they should search them all or ban them. I tell you what gaffer, if the unthinkable happens it will be all sorry and regrets then.

50 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Gaffer, we were told by plod that they couldn’t physically search everyone coming in? Now I remember  approx 6 bombs going off yesterday in addition to the one thrown into our section.

As I entered the GW corner section every one of our supporters was searched. Therefore, what plod is advocating is that they will put safety at risk because they won’t search all fans entering the Broamloan. In addition to the bombs I noticed other banners “F@ck the Queen” etc which they either missed or deemed acceptable?

Yes, of course they should search them all or ban them. I tell you what gaffer, if the unthinkable happens it will be all sorry and regrets then.

Actually, as I said in an earlier post, I was all for 'them' having that stand because it adds to the atmosphere.  However, if it gets to the stage where this sort of thing is happening I would ban opposing supporters.  However, as the previous poster said, this isn't only other fans.  He mentioned occasions where our own fans did it to our own.  Unless people can be identified and shot (completely agree with compo on this one), I don't know what else can be done.  I understand the position the police have outside the stadium, but inside the club has the right and responsibility to introduce any reasonable controls to keep us safe.