Take Morelos out of the team and we don't function as well based on how Murty has us playing.

I'm less worried about him missing, albeit it is costing us a lot at the moment, but more concerned with the way he is so easily wound up and how that affects his composure.

6 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

What I am saying is a fact. Boyd is vastly outperforming Morelos in terms of goal scoring this season. 

I think they've both scored 18 goals (League and Cup) if you don't include penalties.

Boyd has scored 3 penalties on top of that.

Edited by buster.

6 minutes ago, pete said:

Sorry but that is Rubbish. How many of Boyd's  goals have been penalties plus he doesn't work like Morelos. Give me Morelos any day of the week.

I never took to Boyd , even when he was breaking records.

Aye, he scores most chances he gets, but his work rate is non existent and folk seem to forget the amount of free kicks he gives away when his team mates are in attack or the number of times he gets caught offside through laziness. He doesn't miss many but his sloth causes the rest of the team the opportunity to score too.

Is Morelos the answer ?  His record would say no.

Would I have Boyd over Morelos ?  Not a fecking chance - even if they were the same age.

Europe, if we made it ?  There was a reason Boyd didn't get many games in those competitions. 

1 minute ago, boabie said:

I never took to Boyd , even when he was breaking records.

Aye, he scores most chances he gets, but his work rate is non existent and folk seem to forget the amount of free kicks he gives away when his team mates are in attack or the number of times he gets caught offside through laziness. He doesn't miss many but his sloth causes the rest of the team the opportunity to score too.

Is Morelos the answer ?  His record would say no.

Would I have Boyd over Morelos ?  Not a fecking chance - even if they were the same age.

Europe, if we made it ?  There was a reason Boyd didn't get many games in those competitions. 

Under better managers, Boyd didn't get on the park for most of the challenging games and the one time when we could have done with his predetory skills, he fluffed his lines at Villareal.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Vastly? There are now 2 goals of a difference but Boyd has scored a number of penalties. You believe what you want to believe but Morelos is far more worth to the team than Boyd ever will be.

Boyd: 21 in 37

Morelos: 18 in 39

Boyd has scored 3 pens this season, 2 of which were in the league. The pens he has scored were more challenging to put away than the sitters Morelos has missed.

And nobody is saying Boyd is worth more. That's the point. He's almost 35, he was dire in his second stint with us yet he's still vastly out performing our main striker in terms of goal scoring. 

2 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Boyd: 21 in 37

Morelos: 18 in 39

Boyd has scored 3 pens this season, 2 of which were in the league. The pens he has scored were more challenging to put away than the sitters Morelos has missed.

And nobody is saying Boyd is worth more. That's the point. He's almost 35, he was dire in his second stint with us yet he's still vastly out performing our main striker in terms of goal scoring. 

The point I'd take form the return to form of Kris Boyd is that he has openly admitted he was considering "chucking it" at the beginning of the season because he thought himself that he was done. However, the appopintment of Steve Clarke dramatically changed his outlook, his form and his goal tally. The later because the team started to make more chances.

Edited by buster.

I'm not sure what a comparison between Boyd and Morelos proves. Very little from what I can see.

It's beginning to look like the main issue with Morelos is not on the field of play but in the dressing room, which is clearly not a happy or positive place to be right now. He's certainly not the confident young man who arrived at Ibrox a few months ago. I just hope we don't end up bitterly regretting turning down those offers from China in January.

Boyd is an old fashioned striker/poacher, all he does is score goals, he needs others to work hard, create and set him up, he is lazy but has always scored goals.

He had another chance with us but done virtually nothing and his attitude stank.

It shows how much of a state Scottish football is in if he is up there in the scoring charts, us included.

We have been poor and are still in 2nd, imagine if we had been good we'd be in with a chance of the league, this is not Morleos's fault but the fact we don't have a decent manager in place.

Morelos v Boyd both natural goal scorers both wasted at Ibrox by two different managers firstly Boyd by McCoist then Morelos by Murty.Why?because Boyd was used as a target man by McCoist,not his forte and now Morelos being wasted in same way by Murty.

Play Morelos as an out and out striker and goals will return IMO.