Every time Cummings has come on, he ran himself into the ground, chased back, made himself available and was usually there where it hurts opponents. Murty used him thus far as a straight replacement for Morelos, or indeed instead of Morelos: in a one-man striker-role that doesn't suit either of them. Only when the need was dire, he threw him on alongside Morelos. IMHO, Cummings must be royally pissed by now and one hope he doesn't decide against a move in the summer.

Morelos has been playing footie essentially since January 28th of last year. Something clearly happened to him roundabout the turn of the year, despite him scoring the odd goal. He clearly isn't suited for the role he plays in, as he lacks support, both when it comes to handing him ammunition, as well as someone assisting him in the area. He grows an ever frustrating figure and while this might be down to him tiring, it is also very much down to bad management and tactics.

When Windass appeared on the sidelines, I was close to cutting it off. I did when McCrorie went off. It descended int a w@nk feast for the Scum, and while they were sure a class better yesterday, we offered them as weak a performance as ever I saw one. Up to that point, John and Docherty seemed  the only guys actually ready for the game. No wonder Greg was almightily fed up with what he saw from the rest.

Make no mistake, the Scum will hand Hibs three points this weekend and have another feast in a fortnight, when they will break their necks to win the title against us at home.

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Boyd: 21 in 37

Morelos: 18 in 39

Boyd has scored 3 pens this season, 2 of which were in the league. The pens he has scored were more challenging to put away than the sitters Morelos has missed.

And nobody is saying Boyd is worth more. That's the point. He's almost 35, he was dire in his second stint with us yet he's still vastly out performing our main striker in terms of goal scoring. 

The stats do not back up this conclusion.

We should have took money from the Chinese when it was on offer, because atm his price is dropping fast.  We can't continue with the same set up, Morelos is misfiring, get him on the bench, get Cumming and Miller on as two strikers, revert to the basic 4-4-2, before we try anymore Diamonds, Rubies and Pearl's formations.

12 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Murty used him thus far as a straight replacement for Morelos, or indeed instead of Morelos: in a one-man striker-role that doesn't suit either of them. Only when the need was dire, he threw him on alongside Morelos. IMHO, Cummings must be royally pissed by now and one hope he doesn't decide against a move in the summer.

Exactly. I think Murty has made a huge mistake by sticking with 1 up front. Both players could thrive alongside each other. I hate it when there's a consensus that we "lost the midfield battle" so we just need to "flood the midfield" to counter Celtic/Hibs/Kilmarnock. It's nonsense, we're not Ross County for crying out loud we shouldn't be afraid to have two strikers right on top of the opposition centre backs like others have done to us.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Exactly. I think Murty has made a huge mistake by sticking with 1 up front. Both players could thrive alongside each other. I hate it when there's a consensus that we "lost the midfield battle" so we just need to "flood the midfield" to counter Celtic/Hibs/Kilmarnock. It's nonsense, we're not Ross County for crying out loud we shouldn't be afraid to have two strikers right on top of the opposition centre backs like others have done to us.

I like two up front, but our support structure doesn't facilitate this. We're not positioned correctly, players aren't covering and don't press cohesively etc. 

I think we can get the same effect if we play a 4-3-3, but again, the same problems (manager is not good enough) mean we'll not utilise it properly. 

At the moment he needs to just play what he knows. 

Morelos is in bad form, but we can still use him better. 

We're critical of one up front, but that's how Killie play; it's not doing Boyd -- and man who is almost allergic to hard work -- any harm at all.

Judging by the reaction around me for his glaring miss yesterday then patience is wearing very, very thin for Morelos.

A bit harsh given his age and that he was completely isolated for most of the game but, at the same time, understandable as missing chances he really should be burying is becoming a habit with him especially against them.

Edited by Unicorn

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Morelos is in bad form, but we can still use him better. 

We're critical of one up front, but that's how Killie play; it's not doing Boyd -- and man who is almost allergic to hard work -- any harm at all.

Exactly. There are points to be made for and against any formation but what shone through yesterday wasn't tactics, it was attitude and mental preparation. From the outset our players looked afraid of their own shadows and terrified of the ball. By ten minutes in, we had already conceded the game.

You can change the player selection or the formation but unless players believe in themselves the result will almost always be poor. It isn't tactical genius that has turned things round for Kilmarnock but inspirational leadership. We could really do with some of that at Rangers.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

We're not positioned correctly, players aren't covering and don't press cohesively etc. 

Does it really make that much of a difference to all that to swap an attacking midfielder for a striker? (e.g. Windass for Cummings

I can definitely see that Murphy isn't your ideal left midfielder in a 4-4-2 and Dorrans not your ideal centre mid because both are probably more suited to more attacking roles.