Mulumu played well, but the only reason he looks so good is because of the compact team around him; put him in the Rangers or Celtic sides and he'd look lost. 

Holt would look like the white Mulumbu if we played that way; but we can't play that way or we'd never win a game.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Murty's FIFTH home league defeat in just 11 games proves he is tactically inept, cannot change games, cannot find a formation to break down defensive formations, and dont get any bear started on his subs!

Most bears I was talking to this week were worried about this game as it is exactly the type of game we seem to lose almost every time. After feeling sorry for ourselves for blowing a great opportunity to beat our rivals, myself among many others were worried that Jimmy Nicholl and the youth coach would struggle to get these guys up for it as they seem a very mentally fragile bunch.

We now fall to just 2 points ahead of Dolly who have a game in hand, so effectively third place again. 

At least it gives the board no excuse to promote a youth coach to manager just to save a few bucks. If Murty beats the scum in the SF 5-0, then beats Dolly 5-0 in the final, it changes nothing.

>>>>>> "Nothing",????!!!! Hey, it would change my life entirely.  (Yes, I know this is out of context)

This particular home loss is in many ways the worst. Traditionally the losing Old Firm side bounce back and the winning side slip up. The winning side slipped up but we didn't bounce back. We didn't even score.

Personally I think it's time to drop the fashionable 4-2-3-1 and go 4-4-2. At least at home. Cummings and Morelos are a complimentary partnership. Difficult to know who to drop but for me it's Windass. He doesn't offer enough aside from scoring.

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 14:50, DMAA said:

Is tomorrow Steve Clarke's interview?

Surely our board will be shooting for Clarke this summer now. At the very least, for the first time in a while nobody could blame them if it didn't work out. There would be articles waxing lyrical about their achievement in getting him. They're not going to roll the dice again. The only worry will be whether Clarke will fancy it because he'll likely have other options.

22 minutes ago, DMAA said:

This particular home loss is in many ways the worst. Traditionally the losing Old Firm side bounce back and the winning side slip up. The winning side slipped up but we didn't bounce back. We didn't even score.

Personally I think it's time to drop the fashionable 4-2-3-1 and go 4-4-2. At least at home. Cummings and Morelos are a complimentary partnership. Difficult to know who to drop but for me it's Windass. He doesn't offer enough aside from scoring.

Take away Windass' goals and we'll have someone who can 'get stuck in'. We'll be in a better position then... :facepalm: 

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Mulumbu stands out at Killie the same way Caniggia did at Dundee.  

Maybe that's because Mulumbu has a decent enough pedigree of EPL and English Championship matches with West Brom and Norwich, as opposed to the rest of the Killie freebies and loanees. He will sure look to impress better teams with his performances. At 31 and probably being very fit, he's got a chance there. Now, our central and defensive midfield is ... packed. Injury permitting, Jack, McCrorie, Rossiter, Holt and perhaps McArthur and Goss will look for a slot there. So where would a Mulumbu fit in, even if you send Holt, Rossiter et al away?

That said, it is far easier to set a team up for a defend-in-numbers and hit on the counter strategy, not least when you have decently experienced and drilled folk up against half-decent and not exactly world-beating attackers and creators. That's all Clarke has and had to do with Killie. Can he make the step up to build a team full of attack-minded, tactical astute and creative footballers though? We'll never know unless we'll try him ... or anyone else.

IMHO, right now Murty suffers from lack of quality in the creative attacking department. People able to unlock such teams, be it with their range of and clever passing, be it with individual trickery. Essentially the same fate MW and later Caixinha suffered, as the lesser teams knew exactly how to nullify most of our players ... while looking for scraps.