One thing a bit unrelated, but I was listening to Clyde 1 on the way in (on my lifts radio) and Derek Johnstone was commenting on the Rugby about Laidlaw hitting a kick and he said “they should have got John Greig to hit it as he was always hitting freekick miles over the bar.

What is it with our former players making derisive comments about us, especially our “greatest Ranger”. Just shut up DJ.

Wondered how long it will take for someone to go after Murty.

Point remains, as Gaffer said above, we lack someone creative, someone with a spark in midfield. Windass has pace, and a good few goals to his name as well, but last week and today he offered next to nothing.

That said, Murphy & John as well as Tav and Candeias were hardly working together in any good shape or form. Of those four, only John carried a real threat when taking up responsibility on his own and roving forward. Take Windass into that and we were bereft a great deal of our attacking power, with Cummings being left frustrated because of nigh any sort of service.

And, BTW, we still need a leader on the park. Someone to kick backsides.

Totally gutless.

Lots of tough matches between now and the end of the season if we want to secure second place.

We can't afford to keep playing like that.

The only positive I can think of is that Murty acted quicker than usual to remove Goss.

Awful! The worst home display of the season. Docherty aside they were all hopeless. They looked void of heart, desire and commitment. The worst offenders were Goss, and Windass who both were non existent. Another damming stat was that we had one shot on goal the whole game. We were terrible!

It was also the coldest I think I have ever been. Ibrox just seems to get colder as the weeks pass!

Edited by cooponthewing

I think today was the day that convinced me Murty should not get the job full time.

losing to 10 man Celtic was bad enough but today was even worse

what was he thinking today about playing Cummings up front on his own ? Cummings can't play that role.

Reinforces how misplaced the faint glimmer of optimism ahead of last week's game was.

We flattered to deceive for a few weeks but the last two results prove we are still a long way away.

Sorry to be negative but that was nowhere near good enough once again - and at home again.

On days like these you wonder why you bother. 

Last week was bitterly disappointing but at least we gave them a game - or half a game.  Today was utter dross.  We could still be playing now and we wouldn’t have scored.

29 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

I think today was the day that convinced me Murty should not get the job full time.

losing to 10 man Celtic was bad enough but today was even worse

what was he thinking today about playing Cummings up front on his own ? Cummings can't play that role.

I'd get Hardie back from loan and then we could play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 which would suit both him and Cummings.

On 17 March 2018 at 18:40, alexscottislegend said:

I'd get Hardie back from loan and then we could play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 which would suit both him and Cummings.

What about Morelos who's our top scorer ??

Hardie's contract is up at the end of the season. He'll be off.