I see Boyd has scored to give them the lead.  I note at the same time that Naismith and Lafferty have scored for Hearts. I think it's time I stopped looking at the Scottish updates :(

Edited by SteveC

That was a really poor performance. It was slow lacked energy and completely devoid of any ideas. We never got out of first gear and I feel sorry for Docherty, Cummings and Morelos when he came on as they showed for it in great positions all day but the service to them was none existent. Playing with a two man midfield against teams who sit in and flood the middle is nowhere near the correct tactics. The rest of the players didn't do enough for me today but the main problem for me is our tactics or the lack of them.  

Edited by Big Jaws

That was as disjointed performance as I saw all season. 

The likes of Killie, St. Johnstone and Co. are all very adapt at playing their system, have sure found it easy enough at Ibrox this season, with us never ever really hitting any sort of form or standard. Add to that over motivated idiots like Broadfoot and a ref having a few Killie chaps accumulating foul after foul and you gave the right recipe for results like today.

Our home form - of all people - have cost us any chance of challenging them for the title. After waiting 6 long days for the next match to shed the disapointment of last week, it will be even longer to get over this rubbish today. Wouldn't be surprised if we are bound for a title-winning match at the Scumhut this season to heap on even more misery, due to stuff like today at home.

My initial reactions to this game:

- We are too sloooooooow when we play at home.  It takes over 7 seconds sometimes to switch the play.  That's 50% slower than it needs to be at any time, never mind when we are trying to break down well drilled teams.  I'm getting sick of seeing this.  Please, please, please someone at the club point this out in the analysis.  It's beyond s joke now.

- Murty could see we weren't breaking them down and didn't appear to change much until we went behind.  Bringing on Holt looked like a tactical switch rather than through injury, but I've a,ready said on here how that slows down our attacks because Holt runs with the ball, whereas Goss passes it.  I'm not saying Goss was great today, but if it's too slow along the middle, bring in someone else in the middle rather than replace one.  Then we can move it quickly through them.  Goss, Docherty AND Holt would have been a bettered option.

- We desperately need someone to break them down in the middle of the park and we just don't have a player like that.  Windass is not a creative number 10.  I've been saying it since Pena left, but we miss a player like him (but preferably faster).  If we can't play quickly, we need creativity.  We don't have it.

- Our central defence is terrible and it's so frustrating to see Alves out there.  I'd take Cardoso in the team ahead of him.  I couldn't tell very well from distance but it looked like Alves just sauntered off the park at the end, whereas Murphy, Docherty and Tav just looked sickened.  I prefer to see that they care and Alves doesn't look like he does.

- Docherty will turn out to be our most valuable player.  He has strength, skill, and more heart than most of the rest of the team.  He had a really good game and I was gutted for him as well as us at the end.  He gave everything.

I'm gutted.  Some of the players look sick too, and Murty looked broken.  Who knows if he's the right man for the job, but now he needs to really work hard to get them lifted or second place will disappear.

Dear Mark Allen,

I hope you've identified a number ten and two central defenders for us.  We almost have a team capable of winning this league, but these positions are CRITICAL.

Cheers