Miller to continue playing next season

1 minute ago, Dragosani said:

Just seen the title of this and thought  i wonder what Tannochsidebear response is :D

The discussion over Kenny Millers future Is becoming an annual event.

Let's hope he gives us more food for thought on Sunday. All considered, he's probably our most likely source of a goal.

Just now, buster. said:

The discussion over Kenny Millers future Is becoming an annual event.

Let's hope he gives us more food for thought on Sunday. All considered, he's probably our most likely source of a goal.

which in itself is a tad worrying!

6 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

which in itself is a tad worrying!

Given the position he would probably be playing, I reckon he's probably more chance of getting on the end of something than say Morelos, who'll be working their centre-halves.

Although an argument could be made to say Morelos has got himself into decent scoring positions against them more than anyone this season.....but hasn't scored, whilst Miller does have a decent goals tally against them.

Edited by buster.

Good on him for wanting to keep playing and I think the vast majority of Rangers fans would give him a big thanks for his time with the club and wish him well, but let's hope it's with Kilmarnock or Hearts.

We need a leaner, higher quality and higher potential squad. Miller is fine but he's not a player who's going to help us catch Celtic next season and he's one of many who should make way at the close of the season so we can sign a few quality players, and leave space on the bench for at least a couple of youth players (for example Middleton). Miller and Herrera on the bench means no chance for those young guys to come through and Celtic have been far more successful than us at doing that and are reaping the benefits.

I'm glad he is admitting to himself that he is not of the quality to play for us, and will have to move on to continue his playing career. I wish him well and hope he finds another club that works for him.

My problem this season (and last for that matter) is that with Miller in the first team squad there has been no place for Ryan Hardie, who has been farmed out on loan to Livvy and helped them go from mid-table to second place, and I wish we could have given him the game time that Miller received this season and we may just have seen better results in the first half of the season.

Miller should have had 5 on Saturday, and, typically, scored with the hardest chance of the 5 while missing easier chances to put the game to bed earlier than we eventually did. 

His third spell at the club has, IMO, been an unmitigated disaster but thankfully this now appears to be coming to an end. Have him on the bench on Sunday, but by no means can he be a starter or we are giving a man advantage to an already better team than us.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I'm glad he is admitting to himself that he is not of the quality to play for us, and will have to move on to continue his playing career. I wish him well and hope he finds another club that works for him.

My problem this season (and last for that matter) is that with Miller in the first team squad there has been no place for Ryan Hardie, who has been farmed out on loan to Livvy and helped them go from mid-table to second place, and I wish we could have given him the game time that Miller received this season and we may just have seen better results in the first half of the season.

Miller should have had 5 on Saturday, and, typically, scored with the hardest chance of the 5 while missing easier chances to put the game to bed earlier than we eventually did. 

His third spell at the club has, IMO, been an unmitigated disaster but thankfully this now appears to be coming to an end. Have him on the bench on Sunday, but by no means can he be a starter or we are giving a man advantage to an already better team than us.

Good grief!  5?! Ryan Hardie! I know he used to play for Celtic but at least try and be objective.

Kenny will be a great asset to a club like Dundee, where he can hand his vast experience down to the many young players these teams need to bring into their starting line-ups due to lack of funds. And obviously help them on the playing field too.