Gersnet Podcast 002 - Rangers v Dundee Review

Last week, we launched our new Gersnet Podcast and we've been delighted with the response across the community. As promised we're hoping the pod will be available on a weekly basis so today we're very happy to bring you episode two!

For our this week's broadcast, @rfb1872, @pete and @Soulsonic5791 discuss if the 4-0 win over Dundee was as impressive as it sounds amidst a not quite sold out Ibrox. The lads also look forward to this week's cup semi-final and pay tribute to Ray Wilkins.

At the moment you can subscribe to the pod via the following platforms (remember to download their app from the App Store and/or Google Play) if you want to listen/download on your mobile devices. If you encounter any problems, then please email us for help.

Alexa Skills!

Another cool feature of Castbox, Stitcher and TuneIn is that you can add Skills to your Alexa smart devices in order to listen to the pod through your Echo or TV.

Just open your Amazon Alexa app and search for the relevant Skill to add it, then try the following example commands to get started:

“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox/TuneIn to play the Gersnet Podcast”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox/TuneIn to play the latest episode of the Gersnet Podcast”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox/TuneIn to play my Favorites playlist”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox/TuneIn to play Front Page”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox/TuneIn what are my playlists?”
“Alexa, Ask Stitcher/CastBox/TuneIn to play Listen Later”

Obviously the Skills support various other relevant commands which you can have fun exploring!

Just listened to it and tbh, it was hard work getting through it.

IMO the anchor from the first week was far better than the second, as was the balance between the two podders and the interaction between anchor and podder.

This week there was a more uniform downbeat tone that over a hour or so was (as I mentioned above) I found hard work to listen to.

Edited by buster.

Appreciate the feedback.

Worth noting this was Pete and David's first time doing the 'real' thing so a bit of nervousness was to be expected.  I thought Ross did a fine job of trying to lead them through that and certainly don't envy the presenters in delivering a steady flow given we're all new to this.

We're going to be testing a combination of hosts and guests over the coming weeks so, whilst some may well work better than others initially, it will definitely take time for relationships to form and for people to feel comfortable.  This is only our second effort so I'd ask for patience whilst we all get to grips with the concept.

In terms of the downbeat tone, despite Saturday's win, we didn't really play well and there's not a huge amount of optimism ahead of Sunday's semi-final so I think that's to be expected as well.  Hopefully we're all in a better mood on Sunday night for the next episode.  :)

PS: And we're still working on pod length - we'll try our best to be a lot tighter this weekend to get it down to around the 45min mark.

2 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Appreciate the feedback.

Worth noting this was Pete and David's first time doing the 'real' thing so a bit of nervousness was to be expected.  I thought Ross did a fine job of trying to lead them through that and certainly don't envy the presenters in delivering a steady flow given we're all new to this.

We're going to be testing a combination of hosts and guests over the coming weeks so, whilst some may well work better than others initially, it will definitely take time for relationships to form and for people to feel comfortable.  This is only our second effort so I'd ask for patience whilst we all get to grips with the concept.

In terms of the downbeat tone, despite Saturday's win, we didn't really play well and there's not a huge amount of optimism ahead of Sunday's semi-final so I think that's to be expected as well.  Hopefully we're all in a better mood on Sunday night for the next episode.  :)

Fair enough Frankie !

I'm not saying the anchor was that bad, more that in the first show, the anchor was especially good (said it in my post on that thread).

I appreciate that it's early days and it might be better to be stricter in the '45 minute goal', until things become more fluent.

I haven't listened back yet so I don't know how the edited version sounds. In defence i listed to HOH yesterday and the were just as negative about the Dundee result and going into Sunday as we were. In fact in parts it looked like we had the same script. The other topic was empty seats which is also hard to put a happy note to.

As for the more uniform it could just be the 2 guests are more uniform but I have put my explanation of that in the podcast forum. We made a technical change to cut down background noise but I also believe that cut out the pub style discussion. This may be just temporary to we get used to using it but I felt it hindered me in adding conversation with a natural but in. We know the Pod is too long and must look at that going forward.

Just to get more depressing I can't listen in this afternoon as I have to fill in tax forms.:D

I think it would be wrong to be too critical, not saying anyone is! of the pod as teething problems are only to be expected.

It must be a very nervous thing to do a pod cast if you have never done anything like it before. The more times the guys do it the better it will become. I said it before you can never have enough of Rangers fans talking about Rangers, keep up the good work. 

I really enjoyed this again!  Well done guys.  What's not to like?  Rangers fans talking about Rangers, with a bit of sevco to end the show again (great feature).

Let's hope that the team give us something positive to base the next show on.  I can't wait to hear the next one.

p.s.  I liked the short but poignant tribute to Wilkins at the end.  I bet everyone was able to immediately recall the imagery from that day, and the sight of Wilkins running after scoring THAT goal.  Rest in peace Ray.