New manager rumours

More from that AJ nonsense:  "

"We as a board have to take a very objective view and not be kind of swayed by the last result, whether it is positive or negative."

Does that imply he thinks the last score aside things are not absolutely dire?  Isn't the record the same as that for which they ditched Pedro?

How does this curve fit with what King said a year ago, and two years ago:

“In terms of looking forward from where we were four or five years ago at the bottom, the progress that has been gradually made, we are probably ahead of the curve in reality if we finish second or third.

“We are making progress.

“Hopefully the curve will be fast but it is still going to be gradual, it is not going to happen overnight.”

There's not a single word or hint that the board have been looking for a manager. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I like the idea of having these young 'winners' around, but I don't understand why we're enthusiastic about that and not about a young tactician. These young German coaches are tactically excellent, but we're ruling them out in favour of someone who's won a few games for us? I don't quite get that. It's an invaluable quality and characteristic -- I'm all for that -- but I would like to see that tactical proficiency come first. 

I agree the practicable solution may indeed be a young, up-and-coming coach; I'm all for that -- if they can demonstrate tactical proficiency.

There is a difference though.  I don't think that anyone is suggesting Kevin Thomson or Peter Lovenkrands should be the new manager.  It is more being mooted that their passion for football in general and Rangers specifically, is a reason to have them as part of the backroom team - probably more in the hope that their attitude and passion rubs off on others still playing.

The "young German coaches" you allude to would be for the primary position of head coach or manager.

18 hours ago, SteveC said:

More from that AJ nonsense:  "

"We as a board have to take a very objective view and not be kind of swayed by the last result, whether it is positive or negative."

Does that imply he thinks the last score aside things are not absolutely dire?  Isn't the record the same as that for which they ditched Pedro?

Yeah, he seems to be forgetting that we have the worst home record in how many years?

25 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

We are 'ahead of the curve', it seems. 

That's good to know, but I am constrained to ask,

"Are we on the same fucking road?"

....and which direction is the curve going???

On 18-4-2018 at 15:40, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Bit of a left-field name here (or maybe not... read on) - everyone is mentioning FdB, but no-one's mentioned Ronald as a possible name. Played for us longer, so arguably a bigger 'legend' at Ibrox than Frank. Would be a bit of a marquee signing and he knows the club well.

Alright, so he hasn't managed any teams directly, so would be a gamble (yeah, another gamble), but he has been quietly learning his trade around the world and - according to good ol' Wikipedia - is now at Barcelona as assistant. He might be closer to our price range, due to lack of experience (maybe not, dunno what Barca pay him).

Anyway, just a daft thought I had while reading through this thread.

I think Ronald is quite happy doing punditry on Dutch tv. he hasn't shown any interest to get into management since doing job experience at Ajax.He does have his papers though.

I suppose AJ had to say something, nature hates a vacuum and all that.

Pointless really, I've looked at the Scottish Premiership table and cannot find a team entitled, 'the Curve'.

I will be more comfortable if we are able to finish ahead of both Hibs and Aberdeen. Constant optimism is proving to be poor sustenance.