New manager rumours

If it was somebody already in employment, we would have to have had permission from their current employer, and there is very little chance of that information not being leaked unless said club were still heavily involved in a promotion struggle (surely if a relegation struggle we wouldnt be interested, no?) and they didnt want the breaking news to upset their momentum.

Sounds like Neil Warnock to me!!!!!!!!

I can actually see us going for Gerrard. The fans want a big name coach. Steven Gerrard is a big name. He would sell season tickets.

An experienced coach wouldn’t work under a DoF, but Gerrard might as he is learning his trade. He has been at Ibrox at least twice this season & now Dave King is at Anfield. A guy who only visits the UK 4 times a year. They know each other. 

Now consider that our boards approach to recruiting a manager seems to be a case of waiting to see who applies. If Steven Gerrard’s CV drops through the letter box, you would notice. I reckon it is likely he is at least on the short list, and King is down there to speak to him.