New manager rumours

Just now, craig said:

I am sure someone told me last week that the new manager would be Benitez......

Now THAT really would be something but I'd be amazed if it's him.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

I am sure someone told me last week that the new manager would be Benitez......

That's an Ershur thing, decades past I was in the Co-op in Beith and the wumin in front asked for two Fray Benitez pies? Apparently, meat encased in pastry is an Ershur obsession?

Since a sense of ridiculous is alive, I would offer Danny Lennon. Two promotions with Cowdenbeath, a League Cup victor with St Boo, and has coached Clyde into the play-offs. Further, to my knowledge, he has never gone ten rounds with any Fray Bentos product.

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

That's the kind of appointment we need....someone not "afraid" to go toe-to-toe with Brenda....

Stevie G hauds him, and Rafa nuts him.

I am warming to this idea.

18 hours ago, 917 said:

Steven Gerrard now odds-on with sky bet. I know this means nothing, but anybody know where they’re getting his name from??

Gerrard was in the directors' box at the OF game at Ibrox. Either it's when the negotiations were done or it's people remembering that and making an assumption.

One problem I have with Gerrard....

A lot of folk on here are criticising Murty for "only being the under-21 coach", and not being good enough to lead the 1st team.....SG is L'pools Under-19 coach - so what makes him so different from Murty???

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

One problem I have with Gerrard....

A lot of folk on here are criticising Murty for "only being the under-21 coach", and not being good enough to lead the 1st team.....SG is L'pools Under-19 coach - so what makes him so different from Murty???

maybe due to the previous coaches he's worked under Klopp, Benitez etc

55 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

Just a small point on Gerrard being an U18s coach. 

Remember Pep was the Barca B coach for only one season then got the top job. Of course there would be risks but just because you are a youth coach shouldn’t write you off. 

I posted a video a while showing how Pep had actually been learning to coach for years prior to being Barca B coach; he had ideas and principles developed from those coaches he looked up to. I'm not sure Gerard is at that level. 

I agree with the premise of your point, though; it shouldn't write you off, but they do need to demonstrate their ideas on the game. 

25 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Gerrard was in the directors' box at the OF game at Ibrox. Either it's when the negotiations were done or it's people remembering that and making an assumption.

King was in the stand at Liverpool last night next to Kenny Dalgleish