New manager rumours

4 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Can you imagine it if Clarke were to take the job and they come in and take him away? Nah, he's sitting tight and waiting until Brenda heads back down south. It'll then be a straight shoot-out between him and Popcorn Teeth. Or he follows Rodgers back south. But enough about them.

Pardew - lol.

Neil - gimme peace.

Davies - god help us.

McCarthy - Perrier Awards to be doled out to whoever put money on him.

Hoddle - hmmm. Can we afford another madman?

Warnock - highly unlikely.

Murty - please God, NO.

The Laudrup brothers haven't been mentioned...

Of all of the names being spoken about by fans or bookies, only desperadoes like Pardew and Davies would seriously contemplate getting involved with this board. In light of today's events it's becoming clearer to me that Derek McInnes didn't like what he saw and heard.

Are we blindly putting our faith in this mob to deliver a good manager?

It's increasingly looking that way to me. :(

You are a UK manager contacted by Rangers this afternoon.....What is one of the things you are going to do ?

- Call Mark Warburton/Davie Weir

- Call Derek McInnes

41 minutes ago, Bill said:

I was pretty depressed about our prospects before I read that list, now I see no hope at all. There simply has to be better than that mixture of has-beens and never-will-be's

Bill, why does FdB not float your boat? Please don't say Inter and Palace. Apparently, the players at Selhurst Park turned on him because he was showing them all up at training. In Milan, he was apparently not allowed to do what he was hired to carry out in the first place i.e. politics behind the scenes. He had the measure of Rodgers in the Europa League and won the title in a country which is dominated by a handful of teams, similar to ours.

Why does that not appeal as opposed to hiring a Celtic fan for instance, which loads of people seem to want (obviously yourself excepted).

5 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Bill, why does FdB not float your boat? Please don't say Inter and Palace. Apparently, the players at Selhurst Park turned on him because he was showing them all up at training.

At Palace, he seemed to be insisting on a style of play at the expense of a winning team/results. We had that before with Warburton, and it seems too risky to go down that route again.

Also if he wasn't able to get the CP players onside, is that not an issue with him and why should it be any different with us?

12 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Bill, why does FdB not float your boat? Please don't say Inter and Palace. Apparently, the players at Selhurst Park turned on him because he was showing them all up at training. In Milan, he was apparently not allowed to do what he was hired to carry out in the first place i.e. politics behind the scenes. He had the measure of Rodgers in the Europa League and won the title in a country which is dominated by a handful of teams, similar to ours.

Why does that not appeal as opposed to hiring a Celtic fan for instance, which loads of people seem to want (obviously yourself excepted).

For me, FdB fit Ajax like a glove. He won things there because they were already set up to play that way; it's instilled into them -- it's where he learned it. From that success he's not been able to recreate it anywhere. There were external circumstances, but the fact is he's not been able to recreate anywhere; that's a fact.

@pete would be able to tell you more.

Micheal Laudrup would be a better shout: he's recreated his success at Brondby at other sides, like Getafe and Swansea (he's even won titles in Qatar, for whatever that's worth). 

3 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

For me, FdB fit Ajax like a glove. He won things there because they were already set up to play that way; it's instilled into them -- it's where he learned it. From that success he's not been able to recreate it anywhere. There were external circumstances, but the fact is he's not been able to recreate anywhere; that's a fact.

Micheal Laudrup would be a better shout: he's recreated his success at Brondby at other sides, like Getafe and Swansea (he's even won titles in Qatar, for whatever that's worth). 

Genuine question and not meant as a dig but would Micheal Laudrup even be mention if he wasn’t Brians brother?

Could you imagine if our board employed another manager from Qatar?

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Micheal Laudrup would be a better shout: he's recreated his success at Brondby at other sides, like Getafe and Swansea (he's even won titles in the middle east, for whatever that's worth). 

Fair comment re Ajax. The length of time afforded him in England and Italy would make it nigh on impossible to recreate success or far less put in the building blocks to achieve it in the short to medium term. Whether or not people saw through him or not is a different matter but I would imagine his 'Dutchness' might've been an issue at his last two clubs.

Speaking of Dutchmen, Ronald Koeman anyone?

2 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

Genuine question and not meant as a dig but would Micheal Laudrup even be mention if he wasn’t Brians brother?

Could you imagine if our board employed another manager from Qatar?

Of course. He's mentioned because of the work he's done at Brondby and Swansea.

Would FdB be mentioned if he wasn't Ronald's brother? Similar situation, but Laudrup has a better record, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Fair comment re Ajax. The length of time afforded him in England and Italy would make it nigh on impossible to recreate success or far less put in the building blocks to achieve it in the short to medium term. Whether or not people saw through him or not is a different matter but I would imagine his 'Dutchness' might've been an issue at his last two clubs.

Speaking of Dutchmen, Ronald Koeman anyone?

Koeman's the Netherlands manager.

You need to hit the ground running; he didn't. He wouldn't get much longer here, if he goes 4 games without a win, nor a goal.

Just now, Rousseau said:

Of course. He's mentioned because of the work he's done at Brondby and Swansea.

Would FdB be mentioned if he wasn't Ronald's brother? Similar situation, but Laudrup has a better record, IMO. 

Perhaps. Four league titles in Holland sways it towards Frank for me but as I have said elsewhere I don’t think our board have the will to bring in a box office style manager.