New manager rumours

22 minutes ago, Frankie said:

There shouldn't be a short-list.

The new manager should be known by now and the fans informed so they can take that into account when they spend upwards of £450 on a season ticket.

If there is a short list we should be very worried!!, the club should just name the new manager now! why not?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

The board have to go all out to bring in a top notch manager/coach.  If they don't, chances are we will be having the same discussion this time next year (or by Xmas).

If it means blowing the majority of the transfer budget on the manager/coach, then so be it.

Ceptic, tried the "up & coming" route, which didn't wield the results they wanted, so they dived right in & paid out the big bucks & so far it has worked very well for them.  Our board MUST do the same.

It is the DoF's job to have a running list of suitable/preferred candidates - he's now had plenty time to compile that list.  Identify the best candidate & co get him, no excuses.

2 minutes ago, Darthter said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

The board have to go all out to bring in a top notch manager/coach.  If they don't, chances are we will be having the same discussion this time next year (or by Xmas).

If it means blowing the majority of the transfer budget on the manager/coach, then so be it.

Ceptic, tried the "up & coming" route, which didn't wield the results they wanted, so they dived right in & paid out the big bucks & so far it has worked very well for them.  Our board MUST do the same.

It is the DoF's job to have a running list of suitable/preferred candidates - he's now had plenty time to compile that list.  Identify the best candidate & co get him, no excuses.

To convince a 'top manager' to come to Ibrox, you would need to pay him top dollar and provide an extensive transfer budget.

When celtic did it, they already had a reasonable to decent squad and the player spend went on Sinclair and Dembele. There are players at Ibrox that a good manager would be able to get more from but there are quite a few that are not up to it.

Due to the capacity of their stadium they were also able to increase ST sales significantly. This season, we sold just about as many ST's as we can.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

I was pretty depressed about our prospects before I read that list, now I see no hope at all. There simply has to be better than that mixture of has-beens and never-will-be's

A few crackers on that list also include:

Glenn Hoddle

Mick McCarthey

Billy Davis

Barry Ferguson

Robbie Neilson

Hope those names have given you more hope :-)

5 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

A few crackers on that list also include:

Glenn Hoddle

Mick McCarthey

Billy Davis

Barry Ferguson

Robbie Neilson

Hope those names have given you more hope :-)

Where's the rope?

2 minutes ago, buster. said:

To convince a 'top manager' to come to Ibrox, you would need to pay him top dollar and provide an extensive transfer budget.

When celtic did it, they already had a reasonable to decent squad and the player spend went on Sinclair and Dembele. There are players at Ibrox that a good manager would be able to get more from but there are quite a few that are not up to it.

Due to the capacity of their stadium they were also able to increase ST sales significantly. This season, we sold just about as many ST's as we can.

I genuinely don’t think our squad is that bad. Sure they need a mighty kick up the arse and a few need moved on but if you were to conclude that Miller & Wallace won’t kick a ball for us again, Niko is off the wage bill and say Pena, Hererra, Cardoso, O’Hallaron, Dodoo, Halliday, Alves, Forrester and Hodson are surplus and will most likely move on at the end of the season that would pay for a £2m a year coach - and that is before any new kit deals & share issues. 

That team that wiped the floor with us on Sunday only two players were signed by Rodgers who started the game. That is the impact we need from a new manager. 

Can you imagine it if Clarke were to take the job and they come in and take him away? Nah, he's sitting tight and waiting until Brenda heads back down south. It'll then be a straight shoot-out between him and Popcorn Teeth. Or he follows Rodgers back south. But enough about them.

Pardew - lol.

Neil - gimme peace.

Davies - god help us.

McCarthy - Perrier Awards to be doled out to whoever put money on him.

Hoddle - hmmm. Can we afford another madman?

Warnock - highly unlikely.

Murty - please God, NO.

The Laudrup brothers haven't been mentioned...

Of all of the names being spoken about by fans or bookies, only desperadoes like Pardew and Davies would seriously contemplate getting involved with this board. In light of today's events it's becoming clearer to me that Derek McInnes didn't like what he saw and heard.

Are we blindly putting our faith in this mob to deliver a good manager?

It's increasingly looking that way to me. :(

7 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

I genuinely don’t think our squad is that bad. Sure they need a mighty kick up the arse and a few need moved on but if you were to conclude that Miller & Wallace won’t kick a ball for us again, Niko is off the wage bill and say Pena, Hererra, Cardoso, O’Hallaron, Dodoo, Halliday, Alves, Forrester and Hodson are surplus and will most likely move on at the end of the season that would pay for a £2m a year coach - and that is before any new kit deals & share issues. 

That team that wiped the floor with us on Sunday only two players were signed by Rodgers who started the game. That is the impact we need from a new manager. 

Wave cheerio to those players by all means but they'll wave a contract back at you.