New manager rumours

8 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Koeman's the Netherlands coach.

You need to hit the ground running; he didn't. He wouldn't get much longer here, if he goes 4 games without a win, nor a goal.

Forgot he had been appointed. Still, a club job over a national team gig?

Do you foresee a Rangers side going four games without scoring in Scotland?

I don't subscribe to Michael Laudrup or Ronald Koeman per se. Just thought I'd mention them; at least they are of a better quality that Mick McCarthy and some of the other names listed a few posts back.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

2 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Forgot he had been appointed. Still, a club job over a national team gig?

Do you foresee a Rangers side going four games without scoring in Scotland?

I don't subscribe to Michael Laudrup or Ronald Koeman per se. Just thought I'd mention them; at least they are of a better quality that Mick McCarthy and some of the other names listed a few posts back.

I think he's out of our league.

Probably not, but he'd still need to hit the ground running, by winning games. I'm not sure he can do that; too set in his ways. 

Absolutely; it's nice to at least mention these guys, whether they're realistic or not. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

To convince a 'top manager' to come to Ibrox, you would need to pay him top dollar and provide an extensive transfer budget.

If that is what is required, then that is what must be done - It's down to the Board to find a way to make it happen.

If we want to be the "Simply the best" again, we need to start showing that with our Managerial appointments.  The playing staff will follow....

5 hours ago, buster. said:

Talking about St.Mirren and managers.

You'd need a young strong willed Alex Ferguson rather than Ross.

IMO Jack Ross would crash and burn under the intense pressure and immediate expectation.

If we want someone who'll turn this around immediately with limited finance, perhaps we aren't being realistic.

did you not read how the Bundusliga was getting turned around by young managers.

8 minutes ago, Darthter said:

If that is what is required, then that is what must be done - It's down to the Board to find a way to make it happen.

Did you enjoy administration and the trawl through the lower leagues?

We need to be realistic and stick to affordable options.

1 minute ago, pete said:

did you not read how the Bundusliga was getting turned around by young managers.

See to be honest you have got my point spot on. 

While it would be a massive gamble for us, we are happy to allow English clubs to take a chance on our coaches then if they become successful we can’t afford them. 

We even do the same with players. McArthur being a good example. 

Even Rodgers was a punt from someone at some point in time. 

17 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

We even do the same with players. McArthur being a good example. 

We just couldn't afford McArthur. I'm sure we would have loved to sign him but it wasn't an option financially IIRC.

18 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Did you enjoy administration and the trawl through the lower leagues?

We need to be realistic and stick to affordable options.

Obviously there is a limit.....but we MUST aim high & be prepared to spend what is required.

It's no use bringing in a mid-table SPFL manager, then giving him Millions of pounds to spend on players.

Brenda wasn't enticed by a massive transfer kitty, considering all the cash they have pulled in over the past 5 years.  He has essentially worked with what was there - especially last season.  He has since brought in some big money players, who have not exactly set the heather alight.

A clear plan must be put to any manager - You want a huge transfer budget, bring in huge amounts of cash (via Europe, cups, wheeling/dealing etc).