From the lips of Jimmy Millar

6 hours ago, pete said:

Murty should have sussed the fighting in the dressing room and then taken the players back to Auchenhowie and had a discussion there. That would have let the situation cool and he still could have stamped his authority. While we keep suggesting Jock Wallace and his management style it is now a dinosaur. Man management is completely different now as it was back then.

Our modern players wouldn't even hear Jock as they have their headphones on with Itunes playing. Seriously though I doubt Jocks methods would work in this day and age. Murty should have been in the dressing room though instead of giving interviews. I know he has a duty to give an interview but his first duty is to Rangers FC and if there are problems he needs to sort out then the interviews can wait or he can let someone else do them. I have seen nothing on what Jimmy Nicholl or JJ were doing in this time.

I disagree - let them fight, let them air their grievances towards each other.  It is usually a very good way of clearing the air (so long as they can all act maturely about it).  Putting them on a bus back to Auchenhowie may not have achieved anything, other than fighting and slagging on the bus.

10 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

With reference to what the fans want I could suggest that a questionnaire be set up,like many I have done on-line regards satisfaction from 1-10,which would give us a chance to put our anonymous views.A large percentage of ST holders are no doubt on-line as are those who contribute to the Rangers Lottery etc.

There are many companies who could carry this out on behalf of the club and the compilation of the answers could be interesting.

Questions could range from how the Board are doing to the performance of the team/individuals. 

The Board wont do that because, rightly or wrongly, they wont want to see the results of such a survey.

48 minutes ago, craig said:

There hasn't been anything going well for such a long time that if D'Art waited for that then he would be like the invisible man.  There is very, very little to be positive about just now.

What could the Board have done ?  How about not appointing the youth team coach as manager for a start.....  Had they shown some gravitas and courage when Pedro was removed we could actually have challenged for the title this year - the fact they screwed up the McInnes affair (thankfully) and had no alternative plan other than to put Murty in charge AGAIN, shows they haven't much of a clue.

Agree with your sentiments Craig.

How do you see Sunday going from a non-football perspective?

8 hours ago, Gaffer said:

I enjoy reading some of your opinions, but for a while now (and it may just be my perception) it seems that you appear with a post only when there's a 'disaster'.  Maybe that's your style, but there are perhaps other fans like me who would respect your opinion more if we saw the other side when things are going well.  Maybe you can consider that in future.

However, back to your content.  As for listening to the fans, what do you mean?  We want success.  Is that what you mean?  We want a winning team on and off he park.  Is that what you mean?  Do you think the board doesn't know that already?  Do you think the board wants something else?  Beyond that, what do you mean?  What is it that the fans are saying that the board isn't doing?  Beyond what I've already stated, I can't see many things (if anything) we, the fans, agree on.

I agree this board needs to step up its game a lot, but I don't think they need to listen to anyone else to know that.

When were things last going well? 

4 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

I remember feeling fairly positive just after New Year, when a few decent looking signings came in and we got some good results.

Even during the build up to the 'biggest Old Firm game ever' (the papers words, not mine) was fairly positive. If the outcome of that game had turned out differently, I think the outlook now would've been completely different.

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

With reference to what the fans want I could suggest that a questionnaire be set up,like many I have done on-line regards satisfaction from 1-10,which would give us a chance to put our anonymous views.A large percentage of ST holders are no doubt on-line as are those who contribute to the Rangers Lottery etc.

There are many companies who could carry this out on behalf of the club and the compilation of the answers could be interesting.

Questions could range from how the Board are doing to the performance of the team/individuals. 

They did the questionnaire thing before....Think it received mixed reactions from fans.

28 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

When we were on here discussing the potential title challenge.  As I said, we were a goal post's width away from such a challenge but that's he fine margins involved in this game.

I saw Jimmy playing right half against the tims at Ibrox. I think that's when he made that quote. Unfortunately he was pish that night...I remember the tims slagging us off after the game for playing him there so I guess they must have won.He was a centre forward you see !

However sasa was a centre back who served us well in the full back position right enough !

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

When we were on here discussing the potential title challenge.  As I said, we were a goal post's width away from such a challenge but that's he fine margins involved in this game.

We’re 13 points behind. That’s an awful lot of bad luck. And anyone who thought we had any chance of winning the league is wired to the moon.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

2 hours ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

I remember feeling fairly positive just after New Year, when a few decent looking signings came in and we got some good results.

Even during the build up to the 'biggest Old Firm game ever' (the papers words, not mine) was fairly positive. If the outcome of that game had turned out differently, I think the outlook now would've been completely different.

Celtic are miles ahead of us and deservedly so. We aren’t 13 points behind because of one game.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy