From the lips of Jimmy Millar

2 hours ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Agree with your sentiments Craig.

How do you see Sunday going from a non-football perspective?

I suspect pre-game not much.  Will be like a morgue.

During the game, depends on how things are progressing on the pitch.  If going well, much will be forgotten.  If not, it will become very vocal.

Post game, if we lose I can see people protesting outside the front doors.  Vocal protest but enough for the Board to see that some have had enough.

4 hours ago, craig said:

There hasn't been anything going well for such a long time that if D'Art waited for that then he would be like the invisible man.  There is very, very little to be positive about just now.

What could the Board have done ?  How about not appointing the youth team coach as manager for a start.....  Had they shown some gravitas and courage when Pedro was removed we could actually have challenged for the title this year - the fact they screwed up the McInnes affair (thankfully) and had no alternative plan other than to put Murty in charge AGAIN, shows they haven't much of a clue.

Showing my age Craig but there is something very Ian Dury aout Reasons to be cheerful down Ibrox way in recent times as you point out !

In saying that the signing of JC, albeit on loan was a moment of sunshine  - though I suspect his treatment (despite being clearly adored by the fans) will probably mean the deal does not become permanent.

Edited by D'Artagnan
typo

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

Showing my age Craig but there is something very Ian Dury aout Reasons to be cheerful down Ibrox way in recent times as you point out !

In saying that the signing of JC, albeit on loan was a moment of sunshine  - though I suspect his treatment (despiye clearly adored by the fans) will probably mean the deal does not become permanent.

:D

I am hoping, rather than expecting, that the permanency of JC's deal would hinge on the manager.... I believe another manager, if he had JC AND Morelos would pair them up front together.  Unfortunately, by the time we get another manager, BOTH of them will probably have left.

Oh bollox, I just gave us even more reason to be suicidal.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

:D

I am hoping, rather than expecting, that the permanency of JC's deal would hinge on the manager.... I believe another manager, if he had JC AND Morelos would pair them up front together.  Unfortunately, by the time we get another manager, BOTH of them will probably have left.

Oh bollox, I just gave us even more reason to be suicidal.

I cant see Morelos sticking around bud - and when he goes I dont think he will even give us a backwards glance.

Im hoping youre right & a managerial change may be a trump card in any potential deal for JC

Edited by D'Artagnan

3 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I cant see Morelos sticking around bud - and when he goes I dont think he will even give us a backwards glance.

Im hoping youre right & a managerial change may be a trump card in any potential deal for JC

Morelos is as good as gone IMO.  To be honest, IF the Chinese bid really was 16 million then the Board made a gross error in judgement, again IMO.  Decent enough player but not a natural goalscorer, despite his goals funnily enough.  16 million could have bought 4 players at 2.5 million each AND paid their wages for a year.  I would reckon that would have been enough to have us challenging next season, if spent wisely and with a decent enough manager in place.

Or.....

Say to any potential manager "Here is 25k a week salary and the remaining 15 million we have just received for a 21 yr old striker is yours to buy players, including salaries - and this is on top of the regular annual budget". 

At the time I am sure the Board thought we could challenge them, as did many of us myself included.  However, we also need to be pragmatic when staring down a 15 million profit on ONE player....

13 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

When a chap loses his heart to an ideal, there’s no going back. It grows and grows within him, growing stronger as the years slip past.
That is why, when people ask: “Would you rather play centre than in the half-back line?” my answer comes off my lips as though from a tape recorder:
“I don’t care where I play so long as I wear the Rangers colours.”

(Jimmy Millar)

.... (snipped) ....

Thanks for this quote, D'Artagnan: Iirc, he played out of position and without much preparation in the Kai Johanson final.  I was only 7 and my dad didn't take me to the OF until I was older.  I remember (I think, anyway) that when he came home from that one, he was raving about the effort Millar put in.  He always told me re Millar that "there is a Ranger; a man who never short-changed the jersey". Used to rave about his partnership with Brand.  Growing up at the time of their bloody 9-in-a-row, I lived off of storied of earlier in the decade and Millar featured prominently.

Share this:

2 hours ago, craig said:

I suspect pre-game not much.  Will be like a morgue.

During the game, depends on how things are progressing on the pitch.  If going well, much will be forgotten.  If not, it will become very vocal.

Post game, if we lose I can see people protesting outside the front doors.  Vocal protest but enough for the Board to see that some have had enough.

I agree with your assessment. Having said that, prior to Suspensiongate I reckoned some people would stay away to send a message. After the revelations I'd guess some of the predicted stayaways might turn up out of curiosity to see what might happen.

It'll be interesting to observe what transpires.

31 minutes ago, craig said:

16 was mooted.

Euros or quids?

Jeez, if that's true, to knock that back is an extraordinary leap of faith in Alfredo improving and delivering in big fixtures after the window closed.

I also hope JC gets a chance and is signed permanently.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

4 hours ago, colinstein said:

I saw Jimmy playing right half against the tims at Ibrox. I think that's when he made that quote. Unfortunately he was pish that night...I remember the tims slagging us off after the game for playing him there so I guess they must have won.He was a centre forward you see !

However sasa was a centre back who served us well in the full back position right enough !

The great JM came to Rangers as a half back. He played a stormer at left half in the Kai Cup Final.