From the lips of Jimmy Millar

When a chap loses his heart to an ideal, there’s no going back. It grows and grows within him, growing stronger as the years slip past.
That is why, when people ask: “Would you rather play centre than in the half-back line?” my answer comes off my lips as though from a tape recorder:
“I don’t care where I play so long as I wear the Rangers colours.”

(Jimmy Millar)

Due to the way it has been mis-handled, there will be something of a media frenzy about what was said in the Ibrox dressing room last Sunday. Already this incident has divided opinion amongst our support, with some backing the players for speaking their minds whilst others insist the manager should be afforded some modicum of respect, regardless of who that is.

I doubt many of us would argue that Lee Wallace has given his heart to an ideal. While some badge kissers could not engineer their Ibrox exits quickly enough, Lee Wallace stayed for the fight to restore the club in its time of dire need. In terms of his flourishing international career it could be argued he paid a heavy price for doing so. Therefore, on the back of one of the most gutless, insipid, soulless and embarrassing performances from charlatans wearing the famous blue jersey, one can at the very least, understand the passion which proved to be the catalyst to whatever transpired within the dressing room.

As is often the case in life, it was actually what was not said which was important.

Graeme Murty’s post-match interview where he admitted he had not discussed the performance with the players for fear it may cause conflict or finger-pointing should merit an internal Rangers investigation more than anything else which transpired on Sunday.  Can any of you imagine Jock Wallace avoiding what needed to be said after such a humiliating capitulation for fear of upsetting some inflated or precious egos within the Ibrox dressing room ?

If a 4 nil thrashing to Celtic in a Scottish Cup Semi Final was not sufficient cause for Murty to light the blue touch paper in the Rangers dressing room – you have to ask yourself – just what the hell would be ?

The Heart & Hand Podcast summed the situation up perfectly via their twitter account.

Screenshot(23)

Our current board have made a spectacular series of gaffes with regard to managerial recruitment, that situation could become a whole lot worse if they fail to act before Sunday. The Post Mortems on managerial decisions and the merits or madness of promoting the Youth Coach can wait for another day, for once, the board need to step out of character, show some leadership and for God’s sake listen to the real voice of the Club – the fans.

Share this:

53 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

When a chap loses his heart to an ideal, there’s no going back. It grows and grows within him, growing stronger as the years slip past.
That is why, when people ask: “Would you rather play centre than in the half-back line?” my answer comes off my lips as though from a tape recorder:

(Jimmy Millar)

Due to the way it has been mis-handled, there will be something of a media frenzy about what was said in the Ibrox dressing room last Sunday. Already this incident has divided opinion amongst our support, with some backing the players for speaking their minds whilst others insist the manager should be afforded some modicum of respect, regardless of who that is.

I doubt many of us would argue that Lee Wallace has given his heart to an ideal. While some badge kissers could not engineer their Ibrox exits quickly enough, Lee Wallace stayed for the fight to restore the club in its time of dire need. In terms of his flourishing international career it could be argued he paid a heavy price for doing so. Therefore, on the back of one of the most gutless, insipid, soulless and embarrassing performances from charlatans wearing the famous blue jersey, one can at the very least, understand the passion which proved to be the catalyst to whatever transpired within the dressing room.

As is often the case in life, it was actually what was not said which was important.

Graeme Murty’s post-match interview where he admitted he had not discussed the performance with the players for fear it may cause conflict or finger-pointing should merit an internal Rangers investigation more than anything else which transpired on Sunday.  Can any of you imagine Jock Wallace avoiding what needed to be said after such a humiliating capitulation for fear of upsetting some inflated or precious egos within the Ibrox dressing room ?

If a 4 nil thrashing to Celtic in a Scottish Cup Semi Final was not sufficient cause for Murty to light the blue touch paper in the Rangers dressing room – you have to ask yourself – just what the hell would be ?

The Heart & Hand Podcast summed the situation up perfectly via their twitter account.

Screenshot(23)

Our current board have made a spectacular series of gaffes with regard to managerial recruitment, that situation could become a whole lot worse if they fail to act before Sunday. The Post Mortems on managerial decisions and the merits or madness of promoting the Youth Coach can wait for another day, for once, the board need to step out of character, show some leadership and for God’s sake listen to the real voice of the Club – the fans.

Share this:

I enjoy reading some of your opinions, but for a while now (and it may just be my perception) it seems that you appear with a post only when there's a 'disaster'.  Maybe that's your style, but there are perhaps other fans like me who would respect your opinion more if we saw the other side when things are going well.  Maybe you can consider that in future.

However, back to your content.  As for listening to the fans, what do you mean?  We want success.  Is that what you mean?  We want a winning team on and off he park.  Is that what you mean?  Do you think the board doesn't know that already?  Do you think the board wants something else?  Beyond that, what do you mean?  What is it that the fans are saying that the board isn't doing?  Beyond what I've already stated, I can't see many things (if anything) we, the fans, agree on.

I agree this board needs to step up its game a lot, but I don't think they need to listen to anyone else to know that.

1 hour ago, D'Artagnan said:

(Jimmy Millar)

Screenshot(23)

Share this:

As ever bang on the money , I didn't think I could feel any worse on Sunday until I watched Murtys post match interview , it was either cowardice to confront that shower of under achievers or at worse dereliction of his duties as Rangers manager . 

Murty should have sussed the fighting in the dressing room and then taken the players back to Auchenhowie and had a discussion there. That would have let the situation cool and he still could have stamped his authority. While we keep suggesting Jock Wallace and his management style it is now a dinosaur. Man management is completely different now as it was back then.

Our modern players wouldn't even hear Jock as they have their headphones on with Itunes playing. Seriously though I doubt Jocks methods would work in this day and age. Murty should have been in the dressing room though instead of giving interviews. I know he has a duty to give an interview but his first duty is to Rangers FC and if there are problems he needs to sort out then the interviews can wait or he can let someone else do them. I have seen nothing on what Jimmy Nicholl or JJ were doing in this time.

2 hours ago, D'Artagnan said:

(Jimmy Millar)

Screenshot(23)

Share this:

... " for God’s sake listen to the real voice of the Club – the fans." ...

That part I completely agree with. But how can the board find out what the fans really want?
As you know the fans are split on all the forums, pubs, RSCs, podcasts,blogs, etc. So, to whom does the board listen, what exact actions do they need to perform to get the changes required?
We've tried different approaches to fan representation and we still end up with fragmented opinions. How about something different? Talk to the fans directly. The board cannot speak to every fan globally, but they can speak to every ST holder individually.
Use email, letter mail or whatever form of communication works for each individual on the ST list. Have them answer a series of questions directly related to the club. This should include their satisfaction with or not, with the board, managers in various positions, coaches, and players. Ask if they think they should be kept on the payroll, traded, bought out etc. Ask them who they think is the first(or more) priority to try for the new season. All kinds of variations on this premise.
The point is though this will be spread over 43K ST holders, keyboard warrior reponses should be ignored. The people who pay to watch the team on a weekly basis has to be the people whose opinions are most crucial, in the cold light of day, in building the %ages needed to sway the board.
The advice and choices are then given and the board woud ignore these choices at their peril. This poll does not need to take any more than a week, and then the club can pubish the figures.
Some of the choices may be easy to achieve others not and some not at all, but at least the fans and the board would attempt to move in the same general direction.
We all want the same thing - 55 and soon !!

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

I enjoy reading some of your opinions, but for a while now (and it may just be my perception) it seems that you appear with a post only when there's a 'disaster'.  Maybe that's your style, but there are perhaps other fans like me who would respect your opinion more if we saw the other side when things are going well.  Maybe you can consider that in future.

However, back to your content.  As for listening to the fans, what do you mean?  We want success.  Is that what you mean?  We want a winning team on and off he park.  Is that what you mean?  Do you think the board doesn't know that already?  Do you think the board wants something else?  Beyond that, what do you mean?  What is it that the fans are saying that the board isn't doing?  Beyond what I've already stated, I can't see many things (if anything) we, the fans, agree on.

I agree this board needs to step up its game a lot, but I don't think they need to listen to anyone else to know that.

Agreed re. "listening to the fans", it's a catch all line that doesn't stand-up to scrutiny.

Rather than filing in behind the customery divisions between X and Y, I see an omnishambolic circus where various degrees of blame can be apportioned to just about everyone involved.

I suggested during Sunday's recording of the pod that Murty should go. 

The fact that lots of people agree with me just reinforces the notion that we can't all be wrong about whether he should be the manager any longer.

However, he is being kept onside by the board in case they need him as back up. And, they are prepared to ride out the waves of bad publicity (which could culminate in ugly dissent on Sunday) in a manner akin to the Barton situation by using the Miller and Wallace suspensions to deflect attention away from their piss poor decision making in the immediate aftermath of Sunday's reverse.

Murty knows this and has played on it hence the reason for some of his (on the surface of it) inexplicable use of language in his media conferences. 

Murty's powerplay is so obvious if you ask me.

Edited by Soulsonic5791

With reference to what the fans want I could suggest that a questionnaire be set up,like many I have done on-line regards satisfaction from 1-10,which would give us a chance to put our anonymous views.A large percentage of ST holders are no doubt on-line as are those who contribute to the Rangers Lottery etc.

There are many companies who could carry this out on behalf of the club and the compilation of the answers could be interesting.

Questions could range from how the Board are doing to the performance of the team/individuals. 

7 hours ago, Gaffer said:

There hasn't been anything going well for such a long time that if D'Art waited for that then he would be like the invisible man.  There is very, very little to be positive about just now.

What could the Board have done ?  How about not appointing the youth team coach as manager for a start.....  Had they shown some gravitas and courage when Pedro was removed we could actually have challenged for the title this year - the fact they screwed up the McInnes affair (thankfully) and had no alternative plan other than to put Murty in charge AGAIN, shows they haven't much of a clue.