[FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Hearts (Cummings, Candeias)

• Rousseau changed the title to [FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Hearts (Cummings, Candeias)

There was roughly 25-35k at Ibrox today. With the silent protest the atmosphere was deathly quiet. I felt we were poor first half although we kept the ball for the most of it but did nothing to very little with it. Our passing and build up play was very, very slow! In fact the game was crying out for someone to shift it quickly or play around them with the one touch stuff we do when we can be bothered but no it wasn't to be.

Second half I missed the first goal for the sake of two pies. :( Candeias came onto a game and to be honest for my money that wee man won us the game today. Windass got hooked and rightly so most of the game, in spite of being Rousseau's boi, he did nothing of any value instead he marked space all day. He was very rarely where the ball was going to be. The only time he did a thing I never seen it with the first goal as I said two pies cost me 5 seconds of Windass wizardry.

My overall take on the game was that we need to sharpen up, move the ball quicker and stop panicking about stuff that hasn't happened yet. Also when we're 2-1 up with 3 minutes added time to play the ball should be held near either of the oppositions corner flags. Game management needs addressed pronto!

1 minute ago, Big Jaws said:

There was roughly 25-35k at Ibrox today. With the silent protest the atmosphere was deathly quiet. I felt we were poor first half although we kept the ball for the most of it but did nothing to very little with it. Our passing and build up play was very, very slow! In fact the game was crying out for someone to shift it quickly or play around them with the one touch stuff we do when we can be bothered but no it wasn't to be.

Second half I missed the first goal for the sake of two pies. :( Candeias came onto a game and to be honest for my money that wee man won us the game today. Windass got hooked and rightly so most of the game, in spite of being Rousseau's boi, he did nothing of any value instead he marked space all day. He was very rarely where the ball was going to be. The only time he did a thing I never seen it with the first goal as I said two pies cost me 5 seconds of Windass wizardry.

My overall take on the game was that we need to sharpen up, move the ball quicker and stop panicking about stuff that hasn't happened yet. Also when we're 2-1 up with 3 minutes added time to play the ball should be held near either of the oppositions corner flags. Game management needs addressed pronto!

But my bae set up the Murphy assist! If that's not Ballon d'Or form I don't know what is?! :D 

Seriously, he was quiet, but despite that he had a couple of half-chances, set up Murphy for a on-on-one and was involved in the goal set-up. Deservedly hooked? I don't think so. 

I thought we only looked good -- at times; too often it was pedestrian -- because Hearts sat off us and let us play. We did very little with the ball. 

6 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

How were the pies? :D 

9 minutes ago, colinstein said:

a couple  of times Holt passed in the box when he should have had a go. He wasn't the only culprit. What's the problem with shooting from the edge of the box. The only time I saw it was Candias latching on to a loose ball

Yeah thats true they over worked it a hell of a lot. There was one half way three quarters of the way through the second half where Hearts defence had stepped up and were all sitting inside the center circle the ball breaks to Murphy just inside our own half as he's sitting on the touch line. Cummings and Candeias are inside our half and make the break forward as its the natural thing to do if Murphy pings it over the top of Berra as he should. Instead they both have to turn back get on side and wait. It should have been a first time pass over the top, he had plenty time and the ball was running just right for him to play that ball but he either didn't see it was on or he chose to take a touch and in the end fucked it all up.  

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hard to argue with those banners.  

Hopefully the players are now fully aware of just how unacceptable last week's yellow bellied attempt at a performance was.

Well, "Ultras" are a somewhat different in many ways ...

I have been enjoying some well  deserved R and R so missed it today. It sounds a good game though?Hope the sun came out there too? It’s lovely over here guys s feet up, shades on, reading books and as much ice cold ginger has I can handle.:rfc:

Edited by cooponthewing