[FT] Rangers 2 - 1 Hearts (Cummings, Candeias)

Happy with result wasn't there as my son has my ticket and I said not to come through just to give it to me.

Some good performances and a result which is acceptable.

A draw next week and three more 2-1 results would be great.

First half today was awful but I felt we were vastly improved second half.

We could and should have scored a lot more than two but again showed our vulnerability at the back conceding a header from a freekick although not sure it should have counted as Naismith was offside when the kick was taken.

We remain top scorers in the league which some may find surprising

1 hour ago, RANGERRAB said:

First half today was awful but I felt we were vastly improved second half.

We could and should have scored a lot more than two but again showed our vulnerability at the back conceding a header from a freekick although not sure it should have counted as Naismith was offside when the kick was taken.

We remain top scorers in the league which some may find surprising

Imo the first half was awful because there was only one team out to play the game of football. Ok we didn't create too many chances but that was because Hearts packed their half of the park. Yes we didn't appear to have the nous to break that down but that's happened many times in the past few years.

A 4 or 5 goal win would not have flattered us today in my honest opinion.

The sheep will be taken apart by us simply because they think they are much better than they actually are and will go for the win. We'll get them that way.

Hibs will play like Hearts only in their case I'll predict a compliant referee like todays will give them two penalties and a sending off to level the field.

Hibs won't play like Hearts.  Hearts sat back and Hibs have a go.  And Aberdeen have lost three times against us, so I doubt they'll be too cocky.  

That was the only easy ride we'll get post-split.  

Thought Cummings was superb today, he's not as bullish nor as rugged as Morelos but Cummings awareness and positional play, plus his layoffs are far superior than Morelos. I would start Cummings every game as our ,ain striker and give Morelos instruction to play his usual muscle game on defenders but to look to lay it off for Cummings to score, one player is a Broadsword and the other is a Rapier.

Candeias had another good display, so did Murphy, Declan John, Holt and McCrorie, i would give the rest a pass mark B+

Manager Craig Levein emphasised the need for good possession prior to kick off and was frustrated by the number of times the ball was given away.

"I thought we could have won the game today," he said.

"I didn't feel Rangers were at their best. We assisted them on many occasions by coughing up possession of the ball too easily."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43858305

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

Manager Craig Levein emphasised the need for good possession prior to kick off and was frustrated by the number of times the ball was given away.

"I thought we could have won the game today," he said.

"I didn't feel Rangers were at their best. We assisted them on many occasions by coughing up possession of the ball too easily."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43858305

giphy.gif

Their one attempt on goal was offside...

Put me in the 'don't read too much into that performance' camp. Hearts were abject, yet were still only the width of the post away from a draw. 
We showed a bit of spirit and energy and dominated possession for long spells but were toothless in the first half and profligate in the second. Murphy, Candieas, Holt and Dorrans showed up and took control which was pleasing. Am I the only one concerned about McCrorie at centre-half? He clearly has talent but I'm not convinced that's his position and a better more attack minded team would have caused us more problems today. Him and Martin together don't look solid to me, their goal yesterday was an unchallenged header.