Scott Arfield pre-contract deal?

1 minute ago, Walterbear said:

I liked Holt at Hearts and he gives a lot of energy to the team. Type of player who doesn’t down tools when it’s not going well which is something we really need. 

I like Holt at Rangers too. If he's played correctly. He'll sure give the Scum hell at the weekend ...

Just now, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

If Alves scores against them on Sunday, he'll be better than Hill :P

Until then...

Not sure what Murty's problem with the Portuguese defenders is, but neither was even on the bench last Sunday. In fact, no substitute centre-half was. Murty said nothing about injuries either.

IMHO, we won't see them next Sunday, it will the same back-4, in front of them probably Holt, Docherty, and Dorrans. Cummings will be left alone up front, Murphy probably on the left wing, Candeias on the bench and Windass get his usual starting slot ...

6 minutes ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

If Alves scores against them on Sunday, he'll be better than Hill :P

Until then...

That does not make sense. Especially when they are defenders.

Hill has been in teams that conceded 8 goals against Celtic (13 if you include the game he was on the bench), whereas Alves has been in teams that conceded 5. Both have gained 1 point.

I REST MY CASE!! :D  

6 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Not sure what Murty's problem with the Portuguese defenders is, but neither was even on the bench last Sunday. In fact, no substitute centre-half was. Murty said nothing about injuries either.

IMHO, we won't see them next Sunday, it will the same back-4, in front of them probably Holt, Docherty, and Dorrans. Cummings will be left alone up front, Murphy probably on the left wing, Candeias on the bench and Windass get his usual starting slot ...

Great! He's our best player. :ninja: 

1 minute ago, Rousseau said:

That does not make sense. Especially when they are defenders.

Hill has been in teams that conceded 8 goals against Celtic (13 if you include the game he was on the bench), whereas Alves has been in teams that conceded 5. Both have gained 1 point.

I REST MY CASE!! :D  

It was tongue in cheek, seeing as how Hill scored against Celtic before. Thats why I put a wee smiley at the end! :P

10 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Lol we are one million miles away from looking very good next season. We literally need an entire new squad.

I take you’re point but I had said elsewhere that on paper I counted we have a squad of 30 first team players - I include Forrester & Pena in that.

Next season IMO we should be using whatever budget we have and going with a smaller squad (maybe 18) and adding academy players when needed. 

Bringing in 5 or 6 quality players, as I said two centre backs, two midfielders and a striker I think we wouldn’t be far away at all. 

I would much rather than than sign 10 average players like we have been doing in the last 2 years. 

Just my opinion though. 

9 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Great! He's our best player. :ninja: 

That amounts to trolling, you know? :shifty::D

Of a "best" player you expect commitment 24/7 and throughout the game. Windass has done NOTHING since his goal against the Scum weeks back. He's playing in a vital place on the field and makes nothing of it. Essentially a Negri clone ... in the days after his eye injury.

Same with Tav, BTW. A shadow of the player he can be. Work is there, application is there, but quality is missing for weeks.

Edited by der Berliner